RTF Photo Competition OPEN - 04/10 to to 17/10 - A MONUMENT

Anymore last minute entries before closing this evening? Still got time to get your entries in before deadline :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Still five hours to go before the competition closes

For the next task, starting at 00:01 Sunday October 18 you have voted to capture images of AUTUMN COLOURS - new thread here

4 Likes

Usuual last minute entry from me for Monuments -
Grade 1 Listed Monument to Admiral Lord Nelson
On the shore of the Menai Straits, Anglesey.
Title : Nelson’s lonely perch overlooking a stretch of water he sailed HMS Victory through.

6 Likes

Nice. I’ve seen that whilst going to Anglesey. Is it easy and quiet to get to?

Yep dead easy and usually VERY quiet and undisturbed.
Only difficulty is taking the very first left turn for a hotel after exiting the Britannia Bridge - most drive straight past the little B road.
Great quiet place to have a breather and a brew while taking in the view.
This is very close to Nelsons buddy the Marquis of Anglesey who stands on top of a huge tower which dominates the skyline.

1 Like

Post code and other details here:

NOW IS THE TIME TO VOTE FOR ONE, SOME OR MANY OF THE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

THE IMAGE WITH THE MOST VOTES WINS

3 Likes

Quick question… are we still having minimum of 3 votes if you entered the comp?

Quick answer

No

:grin:

1 Like

:rofl: cheers for the quick answer @macspite

1 Like

So effectively I could just vote for myself :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If you think yours was any good… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

No problem, now for a slower answer. We tried the three likes rule which meant that we had to examine each entry, see who had liked it and ensure that each entrant had liked three of the competitors’ pictures. Not a major task but adding to the vegetative burden on the bactrian’s back.

Using votes rather than likes to determine the winner either means having the whole process open so that it possible to see who voted for whom or closed so that the number of votes are only seen at the end of the voting process and the voters remain anonymous. We opted for the latter.

2 Likes

You could also upload a picture taken by a third party or one of your own pictures taken around this time last year. Chances are we wouldn’t know. It would be down to your integrity.

But, if we DID find out you may well find yourself sitting at a desk in an otherwise bare office with a bottle of whisky and a Webley with a single round in the cylinder …

:skull: :skull_and_crossbones: :broken_heart:

7 Likes

Love this answer :rofl:

2 Likes

After downing the bottle of whisky I’d be that pissed I’d more than lightly miss. . . . :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That’s when Plan B comes into play. One of us comes in to check if you have done the decent thing, finds that you haven’t and beats you to death with the empty whisky bottle

3 Likes

If you haven’t voted for your favourite picture(s) you only have two days to do so!

VOTE NOW!

1 Like

RESULTS ARE IN FOLKS

Some amazing entries for the Monument Challenge and as voted by you guys
a massive WELL DONE to @SirGunner for taking top spot.

1st - @SirGunner with This Great Photo

2nd - @stevesb with This Awesome Shot

2nd - @Drumsagard with This Super Snap

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

10 Likes

Thank for the votes guys. Well done Steve @SirGunner, and John @Drumsagard.

4 Likes