RTF Photo Competition - CHURCHES - Scroll down to vote for the WINNERS!

Welcome to the next Reason To Fly (RTF) Photo and Video Competition - running from 00:01 Sunday, July 18th to 23:45 Saturday, July 31st. Your challenge is to illustrate the subject of:

As always there are certain rules we need you to follow:

RTF RULES

Scope

• The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition.
• The subject for the competition running from 00:01 Sunday July 18th to 23:45 Saturday 31st July is
CHURCHES
• The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight.
• Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.
• Videos must be a maximum of 30 seconds
• Competitors may enter as many images as they wish. Each must be posted separately

• Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:
◦ Location
◦ Time and date
◦ Aircraft/camera used
Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

• A valid and original Dronescene entry for your image will gain two bonus votes when judging takes place

Voting

• Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for five days after the closing date for competition entries.
  • Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries
  • Any image that is correctly added to the Dronescene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded two bonus votes.
  • In the event of a tie a guest judge will decide the winner
  • The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

• The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members.
• If wet the event will be held in the Church Hall
• The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.59 fourteen days later.
• Voting by poll will be open for a further five days until Thursday 23:59.
• The winner will be announced on Friday, around 19:00

Have Fun!

For more information please re-read this post …
7 Likes

At last, a topic I can shoot at work :+1: :grinning:

1 Like

St Mary’s Church, Lymm, Cheshire sitting by the side of Lymm Dam
Taken 18/7/21 at 9am
DJI Mini 2

6 Likes

Short video clip of St Marys Church in Lymm
Shot with a DJI Mini 2 18th July around 9am

3 Likes

Sadly the video was captured in May!

Sorry, my bad. At least it was practice for you so you can do another before the competition ends … :slight_smile:

A short 30 second edit of my flight on 19th July 2021 at approximately 3PM, at the beautiful St. Just in Roseland Church, on the Roseland Peninsula near to St. Mawes, Cornwall, filmed with my DJI Mavic Air 2S

5 Likes

St Marks Church, Dunham Town. Taken 21/07/21 at around 20.45 with Mini 2

http://dunhamchurch.com/st-marks-dunham-town/

Added to Dronescene:

5 Likes

St Peters & St Paul’s Church Hellingly, East Sussex
◦ 1730 on 23/07/2021
◦ mini2
Hellingly Church sits on a saxon mound. Added to drone scene today.

4 Likes

St. Kentigigerns church, Aspatria, Cumbria.
Taken 21/7/21 around 1530. Using my Mini 2.

3 Likes

I was shooting a wedding in the conservation village of Bothwell yesterday and the old parish church was just across the road. One of Scotland’s oldest churches, added to a previous Norman structure, it was built in 1398.
Bothwell Parish Church, Bothwell - Mini 2 - 8.50pm, 24th July 2021

8 Likes

Ok maybe I’m pushing this a little as it isn’t a Church but more of a Chapel. Still thought it may be worth a share. It’s location is at Ingleton cemetery which is situated just below Ingleborough, one of the Yorkshire Three Peaks.

8 Likes

As it is a Sunday the judging panel here at McMac Productions is running with a skeleton staff who have conferred long and hard on the Church/chapel debate. In this instance we are being lenient and allowing it, partly because it is a cracking image.

As you may have seen elsewhere, this is the last RTF to be run by McMac Productions.

The running of all competitions has been taken over by the anonymous, faceless bureaucrats of the “Challenges Committee”.

We doubt they would have been so lenient … :frowning:

7 Likes

I’d like to take the opportunity to thank all at McMac Productions in coming up with what i believe is the ‘right’ decision. Challenges committee…pah! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Another quick flight tonight before the weather changes this week!!

Wetheral Church, Wetheral taken with Mini 2 around 9pm, 26th July 2021

4 Likes

All Saints Church, Avenue Road, Nuneaton
Taken with a DJI Mavic Mini (auto camera settings)
23/07/2021 at 09:30.

6 Likes

St Peter’s Church, Hever. 8pm 27th July 2021 with mini 2.

6 Likes

St Mary and All Saints Church

Taken last night at Fotheringhay near Peterborough @ 20:45 with DJI M2

2xZoom

11 Likes

Great capture Jason :+1:t4::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you Steve, wish I had gone closer in so I didn’t have to use the zoom

2 Likes