RTF PHOTO COMPETITION - OPEN - 27/12/2020 to 09/01/2021 - BLACK and WHITE

Boring Stuff:

Devices

You are now able to use your handheld devices (phone, mirrorless, DSLR. OSMO etc) BUT…
1 extra vote will be awarded for the use of your drone. A valid Dronescene addition also gets a bonus vote.

Scope

• The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition: BLACK and WHITE
  • The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight for a bonus vote, images taken by ground-based kit, either photo or video are also permitted
  • Editing is confined to contrast and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Voting

• Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for five days after the closing date for competition entries.
  • Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries
  • Any image that is correctly added to the Dronescene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded one bonus vote.
  • In the event of a tie a guest judge will decide the winner
  • The original media may be requested by the judge in case of a dispute.

Schedule

• The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday at around 19:00.
  • The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.59 fourteen days later.
  • Voting by poll will be open for a further five days until Thursday 23:59.
  • The winner will be announced on Friday, around 19:00

Have Fun!

6 Likes

Looking forward to this one :+1:

3 Likes

Haha I thought you might be John :grin:

2 Likes

Can I be the first?

Xmas day, 2020. Mavic 2 Pro Hasselblad. Turned to B&W using Luminar 4, exposure left as taken, contrast changed to enhance features lost in conversion. Sky is natural (not changed)

7 Likes

John, thanks for starting us off and thanks for the enthusiasm but … your picture falls outside the dates for the competition which, as the topic header shows, runs from today, 27/12/2020 to 09/01/2021.

Sorry. :frowning:

4 Likes

I’d just posted it, then thought…!

Sorry, I’ll go and take it again tomorrow, be a different sky though!

3 Likes

Just a reminder guys:

If you create an aerial image from a location not yet on the DRONESCENE MAP make sure you add it!

It’s easy enough, plenty of people will help if it’s your first time, each location added builds towards a badge, you will be helping others with the age-old question “where can I fly” and, most importantly:

A DRONESCENE ENTRY GETS YOU AN EXTRA VOTE IN THIS COMPETITION from our mystery Dronescene judge!

3 Likes

tenor

11 Likes

Is that you crashing into the tarmac AGAIN, Karl? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Taken today, with my Mate 20 Pro, colour mapping done with Snapseed, cropped in Gimp.

3 Likes

Added to dronescene:

*edit by @milkmanchris as requested below.

4 Likes

Very nice, welcome to GADC and to the competition - but one entry per person only please :slight_smile:

So please pick the one you reckon is best. And, if you go out later during the competition’s run and take something even better you can substitute that as your entry!

3 Likes

I can’t see an edit button to remove one.

1 Like

Which one would you like to keep and our good friend @milkmanchris will work his magic.

Keep the one most likely to win pls :wink:
Keep the pano pls.

3 Likes

Heres my entry

6 Likes

Welcome, I like the trade name :rofl::rofl: I laugh because I’m Kestrel Aerial. :wink:

4 Likes

My Entry

taken this morning on the Somerset Levels.

12 Likes

The Spuggy Squadron.

7 Likes

Done.

1 Like