RTF PHOTO COMPETITION - OPEN - 29/11 to 12/12 - MOVING WATER

MOVING WATER

RTF RULES - yes, read them!

Twist

You are now able to use your handheld devices (phone, mirrorless, DSLR. OSMO etc) BUT…
1 extra vote will be awarded for the use of your drone. A valid dronescene addition also gets a bonus vote.

Scope

• The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition: MOVING WATER
  • The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight for a bonus vote, images taken by ground-based kit, either photo or video are also permitted
  • Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Voting

• Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for five days after the closing date for competition entries.
  • Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries
  • Any image that is correctly added to the Dronescene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded one bonus vote.
  • In the event of a tie a guest judge will decide the winner
  • The original media may be requested by the judge in case of a dispute.

Schedule

• The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday at around 19:00.
  • The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.59 fourteen days later.
  • Voting by poll will be open for a further five days until Thursday 23:59.
  • The winner will be announced on Friday, around 19:00

Have Fun!

6 Likes

Joy… I’m in the most landlocked part of the UK this is going to be tough! :joy:

3 Likes

Rivers? Lakes? Canals? Fountains? The water doesn’t have to be fast to be moving.

3 Likes

Very true :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You’ll be alright mate. A nice weir or something similar :wink:

1 Like

awesome to see another competition up

2 Likes

Guessing it won’t include the Mrs in the bath. I’m sure she’d be fast moving though if she found out what I’m up to :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Looks like I’m staying local again for this one, our level 4 lockdown will be reviewed on 11/12.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that John. When you say local, what kind of distance restrictions are you guys dealing with at the moment mate?

2 Likes

Is that photo real Rob? @macspite that would be terrifying! :scream:

1 Like

Yes, it is real - and here is the story behind it:

2 Likes

Wow that is very interesting! I was thinking death for sure if it was real. What a story to tell your Grandkids and what an amazingly timed photo!

2 Likes

To help the staff of McMac Productions to tally the votes and bonuses correctly - and to ensure that you get the score you deserve we are introducing two new requirements.

One

With your entry include a description of what was used to male the image, e.g.

DJI Matrice 210, Z30 or Nikon D850, 1200mm f 2.8 lens

Two

If you have added a valid entry for your image to Dronescene then please include the link under your image thus:

https://dronescene.co.uk/where-to-fly-drone/hayling-island-rail-and-road-bridges/south-east/578

which will produce this:

Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

Rain ? Surely That would count as moving water :joy: there is enough of it lately!!!

3 Likes

If not, there’s always a bath or sink :+1:

2 Likes

Most of Central Scotland is in Lockdown level 4 Steve, means we cannot travel out with our local council area.

2 Likes

Moving water from one container to another?

4 Likes

My entry (subject to change lol):

Photo taken with the OG Mavic Mini (in flight).

Proof of photo taken in flight by the OG Mavic Mini:

Knew I’d find a use for the prop guards at some point :rofl:

8 Likes

Looks like a camping stove resting on the sink! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That really sucks John :confused: hope you manage to find something nearby for this comp mate. Down here in Kent we will be in the highest tier on run up to Christmas too

2 Likes