SCRAP CAA DRONE REGISTATION - UK Government Petition

Sorry for the caps… Please consider adding your name to this petition! We need to do everything we can before the freedoms our hobby get taken away from us!

4 Likes

Signed.

1 Like

Moving some previous posts on the same topic over from another …

1 Like

We have a petition against the CAA drone registration scheme.

5 Likes

Signed !.
I think this should be made more prominent on this site Geoff !!!
It involves ALL of us !

3 Likes

I second that ! Petition signed ! :+1::+1:

Who’s ‘we’ in this case Geoff @ScottishYorkshireMan mate?

the UK Airprox Board, the official body which collates near miss reports from pilots, has revealed that there is no proof that a drone has ever flown close to an aircraft in UK skies.

Yeah, no shit Airprox :roll_eyes:

Pray!, may I ask?
Who the fuck is

James Whorriskey
(Petition Creator)

Yet another faceless drone nerd?

1 Like

:rofl:

Not sure the petition says anything about doing away with the drone code. It’s against a pointless registration scheme, the cost of which will be pushed onto users. Go on! Sign it and feel good…:smile:

1 Like

The petition will never get enough signs to be useful. Write to your mp, the dept for transport and the caa

Then write back and complain about the stock response

Not that it will do much good as the laws already been passed

1 Like

What about a drone squadron doing laps of parliament Square? Good TV, that…

Signed, It’s got a long way to go, under 700 signatures this morning.

1 Like

:smiley:

We tried that at Gatwick but nobody saw anything despite there supposed to be multiple drones and dozens of sightings, so nobody has a chance of seeing anything round parliament square

1 Like

Not sure about that! think the Trump balloon has been doing the rounds…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bumping thread after merging posts.

Please can this page remain sticky… even better if this subject took a prominent place on the site for the duration of its usefulness. We really need to reach the numbers. Could there be an email or dedicated news letter to subscribers of this forum? I feel strongly about doing anything we can now. It’s too easy to things the traditional British way… Moan, moan, moan and do nothing! Then moan and cry even more once its too late (I’m a born and bread Mancunian so yes I can say this)!

I learnt to fly radio control gliders and planes 28 years ago (I was 12) on the Great Orme in Llandudno, way before drones were even conceived (35MHz radio!!). This would never have happened if drone registration such as is to be introduce was about! It would be a shame to see the hobby thrown under the bus now just so some greedy corporations and the Government can take our airspace to line their pockets.

So far I have

1. Signed the above petition
  2. Emailed a letter to the MP from Manchester (which appears to have been ignored… I’ll resend and try to call her)
  3. Responded to the CAA drone consultation.

Please jump on this guys, its the future of our hobby. RC should for the public (with suitable laws in place to protect the public of course!)

That petition site says it needs 100,000 signatures to even be considered for a possible debate.

CAA estimate they’ll only have 170,000 registrations over the initial 18 months.

So we need to have 59% of all UK drone pilots sign that web site just to have this thing considered for debate? :thinking:

Call me sceptical but I think this is a done deal anyway :confused:

2 Likes

I support @GTMonster’s sentiments towards the drone registration … and have signed the petition.

Unfortunately I also support @PingSpike’s scepticism in respect of the petition achieving anything.

1 Like