Scratchbury Camp - Added to Iconic Landscapes and Ancient Sites in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

TOAL from the top of the hill, about a 20 minute walk up the hill from the car park.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 28/12/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Maybe I dont understand as Im new to drone flying, but when I look at this location on the where to fly map its slap bang in a red military zone! All other apps/maps etc I check mark it as a no fly zone too.even the dji map

Am I missing something?

Might want a read of this, dont be confusing NFZ with FRZ

It is in a danger zone and shouldnt be flown over, however you can pick it up from the road just past the turning for Norton Bavant

1 Like

DJI Geo Zone = don’t prohibit flight, but do trigger warnings that inform users of potential risks.

Red zone = your drone may be hazardous or prohibited.

Flight Restriction Zone = don’t fly … period.

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

That’s good to know as I live right on the edge of salisbury plain under the Westbury White horse. Though I wouldnt fly directly there as a lot of paragliders. I bought it really for upcoming camp trips to Dartmoor, Cornwall and Scotland. But I wanted to try and get some experience locally first.

1 Like

There’s a NOTAM in place for this evening, but normally OK to fly.

Altitude
This piece of airspace is in effect between Surface and 2900ft MSL

Navigation Warning
This is a temporary Navigation Warning, it indicates a possible hazard to aerial traffic in the region indicated.

Active Now
Active: Monday, June 13, 2022 6:20:00 AM until Monday, June 13, 2022 9:00:00 PM (UTC).

1 Like

cley hill, Dilto Marsh might be good. Trowvegas