SD cards inserting and removing?

Ok I’m new to the Mavic Air, but could the company have made any harder insert or withdraw the SD cards???

Not sure what the other Mavic’s are like, but is there something I am missing, or have I just got really FAT FINGERS???

With the MP I’ve not had a real problem, though I’d admit (like micro SD cards in most things) it isn’t really easy. I actually think a standard SD card would have made a lot of sense … especially for swapping them in the field (both literal and metaphoric).

One did ping out of my MP, fell through the floorboards in the house I’m renovating, and was a 3 hour furniture and board removing exercise before everything was back in its correct place. But that could have happened with any one of a few devices I have that have an enthusiastic spring to help eject the card.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
What a pain.
Is there a video of that!
I would pay to watch you hunting for the card.
Don’t omit swear words!

1 Like

I have found that a small tab of Sellotape doubled over on the outside end does make the job of removing them a lot easier.
Obviously don’t put it over the contacts !
Or you could do what Dave does and put it over a very inaccessible area of your house and spend 3 hours retrieving it !! :rofl:

2 Likes

“did”, not “does”. This was a one off! :+1:

3 Likes

Nearly as funny as the time I nailed my mobile phone under someone’s floorboards during a re-wire.
Was fine till the phone rang that night, several times !.
Had to go back at 9pm to retrieve it !.
And, it’s never where it sounds !

2 Likes

Good job you’re not a surgeon! :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve had my mishaps with SD cards as well.

Accidently swallowed one.

And no it was not retrieved :rofl:

1 Like

Try the GoPro session for the awkwardest fit. Micro Sd diagonally with a trap door in the way.

1 Like

Use a piece of sellotape to make a tab, do not cover the contacts and make it long enough to hang out of the closure, change the tape offten as it weakens over time.

3 Likes

Since no one want to tell you… Yes you have FAT FINGERS…:dizzy_face:

1 Like

I take you hit the eject button…:see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I used to make a tab with some tape stuck to the card. Didn’t seem to last before breaking.
Use a pair of tweezers now

1 Like

:flushed::flushed:

:joy::joy::joy:

Thanks Gaz,
Tape or tweezers it is!

Brill!

Thanks St Chis of Eaton😇

1 Like

:pleading_face: Deep down I knew that! :disappointed_relieved:

Tried it today and the sellotape had twisted over & got stuck.
Second time I left the tape to get caught in casing, that worked fine. Cheers!

you need a piece double length then double it over sticking it to itself, so in fact it sticks on both sides of the card.