Sell Mini 2 and wait for Mini 3 or keep mini 2

Question for you lot.

I lost my mini 2 and got a replacement from DJI which is still in its box.

I am tempted to sell it as it is in pristine condition and keep the money until the mini3 is out ( although who knows when that is) as I would get more for it now than after I have flown it a bunch of times.

So the question is

1. Do I sell it and wait to buy the mini 3 when it comes out

Or

1. Just start using it?

I confess to verging on the side of option 1 but want to see what thoughts you lot have on these 2 scenarios.

1 Like

Could be another year.

Go out and fly and enjoy it. Otherwise the Mini 3 might also sit on the shelf :wink:

2 Likes

Do you have another drone to fly or just the Mini 2? If you only have the Mini 2 and sell it now you could be waiting a LONG time before a Mini 3 turns up. On the other hand if you have another drone to fly which does what you need it to then as you say you will get more money for it now. Personally I would just fly it myself :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I only lost ÂŁ100 on a summer old Mini 1 when I upgraded, I say live for today, who knows what tomorrow brings

10 Likes

Based on past experience i would
expect a mini 3 November at the latest …

Even though we had an se?

No plans for a UK sale though I believe :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I think the se is an opportunity to sell at a lower price point to get others into the hobby before they move on to bigger drones.

I don’t really see it as a forward step unlike the mini3 which I assume will have more capability than the 1 or 2…

1 Like

Keep the mini 2 when is the mini 3 coming out
Even if a mini 3 comes out how can they improve it without going over the 259g
If you lose a bit of money so what you’ve had the enjoyment from it

2 Likes

As the OP stated -

What are you waiting for - go fly!

2 Likes

If & when the 3 comes out, it’ll be missing something that people will speculate will be in the 3S or 4 or whatever. You could wait forever speculating.

The fun you’ll get out of flying it until the next sub 250 comes out will be far more value to you personally than the price difference when you decide to upgrade.

Unpack & fly.

4 Likes

Because technology moves on. You only need to compare the Mini 1 to the Mini 2 for the proof :slight_smile:

Mini 3 with obstacle avoidance and active track. Job done!

1 Like

Mini 3 with obstacle avoidance and active track. Job done

That’s a mavic air2

1 Like

Keep it and keep flying , who knows what a mini 3 might be or even when it might be available, what’s a mini 3 going to give you in real terms ? Is it even going to be worth the upgrade ? You could be waiting ages so for my money I would be out there flying now and enjoying yourself now .

2 Likes

In my opinion , there will always be something "newer and better " on the horizon that is just a fact weather it it is a drone , car , boat ,computer or anything else. so personally i would say live for the day , you can always upgrade when something else actually comes out so get out there and fly the arse off it.
otherwise you miss out on flying time.most of all enjoy :heavy_check_mark: :+1: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Fly it. You might get run over by a bus tomorrow. Live for today.

4 Likes

Oh totally just wonder if they would release “2” mini series drones in the same year. I guess if the SE isn’t coming to the UK then it may well happen.

I love the attitude of milkmanchris and BCF and I humbly suggest they’re right! Fly away. Hell, who knows, maybe the M3 won’t be worth it…

5 Likes

Definitely fly it.

2 Likes

But the Mavic Air2 is over 250g :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like