Shaking like a leaf

Agree one hundred percent. If the sticks is all I’ve got, then better get confident and used to them.

Next few flights will be in huge area of land that’s only used at the weekend for football and cricket. No schools, no playground and no dogs, so I should have a lot of space to practice.

2 Likes

Don’t rush it. Just take your time. Belief in yourself makes the flying fun.

2 Likes

Try taking it on its first flight 3km over water then see what ‘crapping it’ really means :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

That would require medication, or a large boat.

I think everyone is nervous when starting to fly drones, I used to feel nervous on every flight. Just takes time to get use to everything and get more confident. You definitely shouldn’t rush things though, take your time learning everything and keep practicing. Also most importantly just enjoy flying :grinning:

3 Likes

:+1:

I’m glad you’re having fun getting into this but please take the Drone Code seriously. You talk about the issue of potentially not seeing it, or having people and dogs go off with your drone. Under the code, for which you are licenced to fly (I take it you have done the online theory test and got your Flyer ID from the CAA before taking to the air) you have to maintain 150m separation from people, vessels and structures not under your control, and ensure you maintain visual line of sight at all times, and no more than 500m from your position.

Im concerned with the number of posts on this forum where people have tried flying across valleys more than 1km away, or in recreational parks (which is not allowed). You should also check your batteries and equipment before each flight and not launch if your batteries are below 80%

Hope this helps?

1 Like

Sure about that one?

1 Like

I’m still a little nervous, my first 2 or 3 flights I didn’t leave DJI beginner mode :shushing_face:

2 Likes

However we are not the drone police and people quoting the drone code incorrectly is very misleading for people new to the hobby.

7 Likes

Take the meds, don’t fill the boat with crap :rofl:

2 Likes

I totally agree… Figure of 8’s around two close fixed points are also a really good way of finding out what you/your drone can/can’t do at different speeds.

1 Like

I’ve never seen anything about a “license” to fly our drones.
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Which drone code are you looking at? :thinking:

2 Likes

I found turning on the Landing light LED helped me spot my MA2 when it was right up at 120m. I have to admit I don’t look at the drone too much as I can hear where it is and use the guide at the bottom of the screen to be able to quickly glance at it.

2 Likes

I did look at that today and wondered how it would look in bright sunlight. I’ll have to experiment.
Thanks

2 Likes

I would strongly dispute that statement, some parks have dedicated areas for flying. !.

4 Likes

If it’s like the one on the bottom of the M2P it’s no use at all in sunlight. It also took me about 5 minutes to find how to turn it off again. It may help in dull conditions, but it isn’t the brightest thing.

1 Like

Did anything in the OP suggest that I was not following the drone code?

Yes. I’m registered with the CAA after passing the online test.
I checked with the local council and I’m happy that my flight was permitted.

I lost sight of the drone while it was at a height of 72M and a ground distance of 26M from me. It was very bright.

We differ on the subject of batteries. 56% will give me a small amount of flying time, well within safety margins. I’m practising controlling the drone and it stays nearby while I’m teaching myself.

7 Likes

Yes. One just near me in Surrey.

1 Like