Sharing Tips, Tricks & Skills Photo/Video Editing

So worked out the DaVinci side by side edit.

This edit is using
DaVinci 16
LUT: DJI_X5_DL
And a slight drop in brightness on the curves scale.

Here’s the result.

3 Likes

Here’s one I made earlier using Openshot. Can’t remember exactly what settings I used but tinkered with colour saturation, contrast and brightness and exported to 4k
https://youtu.be/QZu8NxG1m4w

4 Likes

Good results :ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

Can anyone recommend a good video/photo editor for Windows 7 (32bit)
I am using Pinnacle, but, it’s very hit and miss, and it falls over easily !.

Beautiful Chris and the fact I love unusual working locks made it even more enjoyable to watch :+1:

What I do to achieve great results for the most part…

I used Adobe Elements 12 back then… Photoshop/Premeiere.

Nether the full-blown versions - but, within their limitations, quite good.

Might be able to pick up 12, or even 14, on ebay cheap.

Edit: 14 would work OK : Specs

15 had moved to 64bit

2 Likes

Thanks Dave, will have a look around, I would change to 64 bit, but, I have so many of my Music proggies that don’t work in 64 bit, would be a lot of hassle to change.

1 Like

I have a few progs that aren’t happy in Win10/64bit, and for those I use Oracle’s Virtual Box virtual machine software for a Win7/32bit environment.

1 Like

Run two OS on separate HD’s and select which to boot from :thinking: wallaah :wink:

1 Like

A VM wins for me … can have both running concurrently. With dual-boot I always found I needed to switch for some reason, that became a pain.

1 Like

Just watched your GADC Humber Bridge (another interest of mine Bridges) Video on YouTube

Awesome Brilliant choice of music too :sunglasses: So many talented people on here

2 Likes

Great for testing new software too, just delete the VM and make another.

1 Like

is a good page that explains a lot about composition. for editing pictures/videos i would go to youtube, they can explain far better than i could on here.

2 Likes

Yup - have a Win10/64 VM just for that. Especially for anything slightly unknown.

Have clean VM copies of both OS so I can delete an abused one and copy in clean in seconds. :+1:

1 Like

Mines named high seas

2 Likes

Yeah, just what I was thinking, I have a spare SSD I could use.

2 Likes

Would definitely make sense, just boot windows 10 for editing and the like :ok_hand:

SSDD
solid state drone drive, purely for drone use only :stop_sign:

2 Likes

Another sample using one quick LUT and a slight tweak on the brightness on DaVinci

1 Like

IMHO Colour Correction is a better way to develop that jumping into colour grading. CG requires lots of time and experience - its very easy to overdo things if original is dlog. Shooting in cine, with manual control over exposure ( or the use of a filter ) is a good starting point. Many very experienced drone videographers don’t use dlog and the follow up colour grading as it does demand a damn good monitor and lots of time to get it to remain “natural” looking. Everyone is somewhere on the learning curve, so if vid editing is new then i reckon its best to keep it simple, develop a few new skills before trying to do too much. Personally i like “simple” steps to progression :slight_smile:

3 Likes