Sharing Tips, Tricks & Skills Photo/Video Editing

Thanks Tim what a Brilliant article you could spend your lifetime ‘developing’ the skills in this article alone ! Much appreciated

For stills I mainly use Snapseed on my phone, again mostly done out in the field and mainly for sharing on here or my social media feeds.

Quick example (I do go with the theory of HDR the shit out of something, especially if its non rescuable without loads of steps in PhotoShop on the Mac at home). Ordinary drone shot, I missed the sunset, so was just trying to get the towers in shadow. It didn’t pan out so I ran it through Snapseed (HDR filter and a levels correction)

No skill, the app did it all (excuse quality, these are grabbed from the go cache to show a quick example)

Original

After Snapseed

8 Likes

Love Snapseed and what it’s HDR does, really works well doesn’t it. Great shot btw :heart_eyes::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Would be good for someone to drop a raw video on here and we’ll all take it to edit.
See everyone’s different tastes :thinking::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Not sure if that can be done?.

2 Likes

Not sure either, I’ve stollen peoples YouTube clips using “clip grab“ on PC before for editing practice. But can only grab the clips at 720p :-1:t4: Still good enough for practice though.

2 Likes

There is a 50mb upload limit on the forum.

2 Likes

how about this one?

show me how is done !.

2 Likes

Took me a sec to work out what I was looking at :joy:

2 Likes

I did say early, my first attempts at time lapse !!
a lot of light pollution there !.
(taken on my GoPro)

2 Likes

Is a hard one :tired_face: not sure it’s much different looking at it now :joy:

1 Like

Bloody good attempt though !

2 Likes

let see with this one, taken with my hand held Sony video camera while in port.

Quick colour wheel alteration and stabilisation filter

3 Likes

At least Chris the colour is showing better, very good.

The GoPro one could do with been better mounted, and the camera would have benefited from using in manual, my only criticism, idea was there ;o)

Have a look at this for your GoPro, I use it everywhere, with and without the gooseneck.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sametop-Adjustable-Gooseneck-Compatible-Camerasras/dp/B01CQ6PWSA/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=gopro+clip+and+goose&qid=1582558854&sr=8-13

1 Like

Gets better 10 seconds in

1 Like

TBH was my first attempts at night time photography/video, learned some valuable lessons on that cruise !.
What the camera see is not always what the eye sees, does that make sense?.

3 Likes

Good edit Chris :ok_hand::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Something a bit easier @chrisjohnbaker lol :man_facepalming:t4::joy:

2 Likes