Short video - Whitby and its fishing boats

Thank you Drumsagard! You’ve seen it in a way I haven’t then as I don’t have a 4k monitor! I’ll have to get saving - but then again the Mavic 3 Pro should be out soon. Hmmmm… :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Nick, my name is Denis ( Drifter ) , thanks for the reply, very informative. Think we agree that early morning is the only time you have any chance of flying over most spots in Whitby. I have done a few videos from west and east beaches during the day well away from the crowded areas . Also done a few from the corner of the big grassed area next to the Abbey, which is next to my favourite spot, the " Whitby Abbey Brewery " LOL. I use a Phantom 3 advanced and my eyesight is not too good at distance so VLOS is a problem for me. I have bought two cheap but very bright small bike lights which have flashing and other settings. Not used them yet but think they will be a help.
Stay safe and good flying,
Denis.

3 Likes

Got to be a Mavic 3 Pro! :+1:t2: :wink:

2 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

That’s a fantastic watch. Well shot and nicely put together.

2 Likes

Great footage buddy :ok_hand:

Stunning video that. Love Whitby here and not been for a while so it made me feel a tad nostalgic.

Needed a close up of the Magpie though :slight_smile:

Great work!

Really nice shots… I flew there yesterday from up on the cliffs next to the abby ruins. Sadly there were far too many people there and it was mid day so my shots were limited and taken in harsh lighting. Not to mention the seagulls decided to circle!

What do you use for editing BTW?
Thanks.

1 Like

I use DaVinci Resolve - the free version. It’s far more than I’ll ever need although my laptop really struggles with it as it’s woefully under-specced. When I was there the number of people everywhere around midday was incredible! It would have been really hard to find anywhere to take off and land!

Enjoyed that great shots loved the boat shots. Great video. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Just back from Whitby … too windy for my Mini though, never got off the ground. Scary stuff over water - great confidence. Enjoyed that :+1:

1 Like

I was lucky - it was quite calm there in the mornings with just a gentle breeze. I was very nervous flying over water! I just had to trust it to hold it’s altitude accurately and try not go stupidly low!

1 Like

Thats awesome dude thanks for sharing such quality filming…

Picture quality is amazing and no glare off the water, :+1:

Brilliant and my old home town :slight_smile:

Great footage & editing here Nick, well done!

1 Like

I thought I was watching professional footage.

Really great video - makes me want to get in the car and go try to capture something as good (Which would be very hard)

2 Likes

This is amazing footage and beautifully edited together, very inspiring, keep up the good work

1 Like

A regular haunt of mine but not yet done any drone flying there yet. Love the video :wink:

Great video and I’m off to Whitby on monday for work and must use a drone so you’ve given me an idea of what it all looks like and shot ideas - a reveal flying up and over the abbey to reveal the town would be nice but I wonder how many people would be about…
Best wishes, M