Show us your MicroSD card cases / organisers

Over the years I appear to have collected a somewhat ridiculous amount of MicroSD cards.

What with all the Raspberry Pis, cameras, drones, phones, tablets, etc - everything seems to use MicroSD.

And coupled with things like Black Friday, Amazon Prime Day, etc, I just keep upgrading them when they’re cheap, to the point now where I’ve more MicroSD cards than I can shake a stick at.

How do you store / organise yours?

Please share your recommendations, your avoid-like-the-plagues, your photos, links to eBay and Amazon, success / failure stories, etc!

I have 2 aluminium card holders that each hold 8 micro SD cards and 1 adaptor.
They are foam lined very thin (5mm) and measure about 95mm x 55mm.I carry both of them in the Mavic 2 Pro front pocket of the Flymore Combo.
I should add that I always have an SD card fitted (formatted) in each drone, so no matter which one I pick up it is ready to go.
I also made an Excel Spreadsheet (miniaturised) so I can look at the list and see exactly where anyone of my cards are.
I have laminated it, and with a write on ,wipe off pen keep it constantly updated.
It works well for me, and is easy to keep track of where the 16 or so cards I have are fitted (or not, as the case may be).
If anyone wants a copy of the spreedsheet, let me know and I will PM it to you.

![image|375x500] (upload://jMZDb2h90TvmtqV5NPccLQFLK4W.jpeg) I

1 Like

The spreadsheet is pure geek, love it.

2 Likes

This one is for the Campers among you !.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protective-Aluminum-Carrying-Customizable-Interior/dp/B077V5ZQL6/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?keywords=sd%2Bcard%2Bholder&pd_rd_i=B00X5BAXIU&pd_rd_r=7cdbce1e-50f7-44b7-aa14-7d0b7622cadb&pd_rd_w=l3zx8&pd_rd_wg=bnzRk&pf_rd_p=7dc56c0d-8a5f-4d97-9143-7233b106859a&pf_rd_r=54QHGK4Q7FWGVF5QQK94&qid=1564053366&s=electronics-accessories&th=1

This one is similar to mine, but double sided.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flash-Silver-Aluminium-Memory-Holder/dp/B00OQS6YZM/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=sd+card+holder&qid=1564053539&s=electronics-accessories&sr=1-3

Er, better make that 21 !!.
That’s not including probably about 6 that I have lost (somewhere)

I use this. It also holds two spare controller sticks

1 Like

Wtf… I have two… One in my drone and a spare. IPhone doesn’t need one… :rofl:

Correction … and iPhone “needs” one - but they decided you can’t have one. :wink:

3 Likes

I get some might need more than the internal 256gb on an iPhone 8, but not me sir :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

TWO !, You can never have enough from my experience.
I won’t go into how many Hard drive backups I have !.
That’s without the 2Tbs of Cloud storage !

I run a completely paperless house. Everything gets scanned (then shredded before making compost) and put into encrypted cloud storage with DR. I have a few exceptions (birth certificates of the kid, V5’s for the cars etc.) but generally, I highly limit the amount of paper and especially eroneous storage I have around the home and wipe all phones and computers repeatedly throughout the year. It’s a great way to ensure your back-ups are working and that you’re not too dependent on a specific physical device that you could lose.

I shall refrain from using the loo should I ever visit! :poop:

:wink:

2 Likes

Unfortunately after running 2 businesses, I cannot get rid of my papers for 7 years (HMRC recommendations) So, having to store them for me is a must.
Not funny having to find space for them for that long !.
I should add that I shred a binliner full of the shit (every fortnight) that comes through the letterbox.

:rofl:… ok, NEARLY paperless :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Hater :wink:

Who needs onboard storage now with the cloud

HMRC told us they would accept scanned copies if needed… although I’ve never had to put that to the test! :flushed:

People that go to places with no internet. :wink:

Then when the Inspector comes knocking ,you have to print the bloody lot out again, kind defeats the objective, believe me, been there bought the t shirt !, NEVER AGAIN !.
If you have never been submitted to a Full Tax investigation, you would not have a clue of what they are like !.
I should add. mine was TOTALLY RANDOM.

1 Like

What, off grid.

That’s just backward (like Greece last year where you can’t flush bog roll)

2 Likes

Of grid is heaven! No people! :+1::+1::+1: