Skydio - New Mavic competitor?

What the limited quantity?

The temptation! :fearful:

1 Like

Is that the full price?

1 Like

Full price is $999 - the $100 is an up-front reservation fee.

Oh right okay yes very tempting then… do I it??? hmmmmm

1 Like

Shit name.

1 Like

I can recall Phantom owners reeling from the name “Mavic” when it first appeared.

1 Like

You do not get remote with that it is an extra $150

How much will Skydio accessories cost?

Controller** will be sold for $ 149
Beacon** will be sold for $ 149
Extra Skydio batteries will be sold for $ 99** each
Extra Skydio propeller sets will be sold for $ 24 each

For the main type of flying they’re aiming this at, a remote isn’t needed. They have their wireless controller.

If you’re mountain biking, skiing, etc, and wanting it to follow you in autonomous mode, the last thing you really need is to be looking at a remote control. So this all makes good sense.

I know. I couldn’t understand it either.

1 Like

The odd times I’ve done it, I want the drone to be ahead of me, not looking at my back the whole time.

That would be impossible though, because it doesn’t know which way you’re going to turn. AI should manage that.

This is possible with this drone. It is more intelligent than the DJI “follow me” mode.
See the end of the YT I posted in : Skydio - New Mavic competitor? - #2 by OzoneVibe : where it does this very well.

If you look at all their videos, you’ll see that it’s far more capable than you’d expect.

2 Likes

The clever “flying ahead of him” bit is at 1:35 in that YT.

1 Like

What do you mean?

Everyone thought the name Mavic was a crap name when it was announced. Prior to its introduction (nearly) everyone was a Phantom pilot.

2 Likes

Ahh okay

Pretty cool, the obstacle avoidance looks awesome, not sure about the design though, Mavic definitely looks better

1 Like