SkyIMD - online tool to create mapping missions

Found this recently: Online Flight Planner: Aerial Imaging, Mapping & Survey – SkyIMD – Aerial Imaging, Mapping & Data

For my Mini 2, I’d been looking for something that would easily create grid waypoint missions for Litchi, but allow you control of various photogrammetry parameters (like Drone Deploy), but so far I’ve had to do calculations and create the grids manually.

This online tool ticks all my boxes.

Workflow:
In Litchi mission hub:
Define the area you want to map using waypoints around the perimeter.
Download the waypoints as kml

In skyIMD planner:
Upload the kml file to the skyIMD planner page
Adjust the photogrammetry options how you want (e.g. Mini 2 cameras (physical) focal length is 4.5mm, and it has the same sensor size as a Mavic Air)
If you want to use the ‘interval’ option in Litchi, just download the flight paths as kml
If you want to have a waypoint at each point a photo is to be taken, download the ‘paths with trigger points’ as kml

In Litchi mission hub:
Upload the kml file generated by skyIMD planner as a new mission.
Adjust the collective flight parameters for the waypoints to match those in skyIMD (e.g. altitude, interval or photo action, cruising speed, heading mode (Auto TNW), path mode (straight lines), gimbal pitch (disabled)

Limited parameters - but Virtual Litchi Mission (VLM) creates grids for Litchi (windows only).

VLM does several things for Litchi that are additional to those in Litchi Mission Hub - whilst looking much the same.

Some more info in Litchi chit-chat ... What's Litchi? Should I use Litchi?

1 Like

Thank @OzoneVibe , I’ll look that up as well …

1 Like

Just realised that other thread pre-dates the introduction of the grid mission - so, on that specific issue, there won’t be much help.

It’s the only laptop UI that I use, now, for Litchi. The ability to take the mission to Google Earth and preview it, and also preview ground clearance, makes it a no brainer for me.

Shout if you need any guidance.

1 Like

I have a Dji mini 3 pro what software would you recommend to put on my laptop so i can do photogymmetry and 3d mapping

Moved your post to this thread on the subject - not that it’s extensive.

It’s not the only past thread - search on “photogrammetry” you will find a couple of others.