Smooth gimbal settings for Mavic Air

My first proper flight will be in a few days time. Q: do you have to re-set gimbal settings for smoother camera movement every time you re-start your drone or are the settings saved automatically in prep for your next flight say in a weeks time?

They should be saved until you next alter them or possibly set to default if you do any updates, Go4, firmware etc.

2 Likes

Yup, confirmed, mine never change :+1:t2:

1 Like

Nor does your firmware/Go4. :wink:

1 Like

Agreed :wink:

1 Like

Mine have changed with updates in the past, as well as height distance etc.

1 Like

The fact is I know they have changed to default as I have them written down somewhere now as I was so pissed with having to set the thing back up to how I had it and couldn’t remember them all.
Perhaps DJI have changed things somewhere along the line now.

1 Like

Good to know MementoMori, many thanks. Doing the YouTube rounds on said subject, the settings differ to cater for personal taste I’m assuming so experimentation is on the cards. :+1:

Take a look at this thread and, in particular, the video by @ianinlondon on the subject.

Smoother Settings: Yaw Endpoint, EXP, Gimbal Pitch & buffers

2 Likes

So attention to settings post update! Got it !! :+1:

Thanks OzoneVibe ! I have watched his vid 3 times so far, excellent leg-up for a non tech noob! Cheers :+1:

2 Likes

Just make a note of your settings once you decide what works for you, if they do change then you have them written down as back up, if they don’t then no loss.
Mine have reset in the past several times but I haven’t updated anything for a long time.

1 Like

I’m a ‘belt n braces’ fella so that is excellent advice. Thanks :writing_hand:

1 Like