So... what's on your bench at the moment?

Hi Steve.

This isn’t any longer on my bench, but thought I’d share the conversion of my iFlight DC2.
It was my first quad after entering the hobby just after DJI released their FPV digital goggles. I “researched” long and hard and settled on the more expensive (but future proofed) digital route. BnF manufacturers had just started making digital sub 250 models, but the only available solution was the DJI air unit.
At that point I had no idea what weight does to a sub 250g quad. :rofl:
I ordered my DJI FPV goggles, a Radiomaster T16 S with crossfire, and an iFlight DC2. The time and frustration I suffered to get all this new kit playing nicely together is another story!
One of the reasons I bought the DC2 is I saw a YouTube video of someone flying it in their house, and saying it’s ok to fly inside or outside. Great, I can learn to fly my 4S digital overweight whoop in my flat I thought!
It was clear straight after arming and a very wobbly hover in my hallway that this wasn’t going to work. It was far too powerful for a complete noob to control inside.

The DC2 is a bit of a strange quad. Standard, it runs 2.3” props in prop guards but is also supplied with a set of 2.5” which fit with the guards removed. For its size it has a oversized power train in order to cope with lifting the weight of the DJI Air Unit and TPU mounts. All on 2.3” props. It’s basically too heavy.
So after one hover I decided to change the Air Unit for a Vista. Changed the prop guards so I’m now able to run 2.5” Gemfan props. Removed the Crossfire antenna TPU mount and remounted a new lighter antenna up front. It’s now 30g lighter, with bigger props, and flys great :slightly_smiling_face:

Some bench pics.

6 Likes