So... what's on your bench at the moment?

So Its payday next week and I’m broke after buying the hdzero goggles. But I have a plan

pmsl, I was watching only fools last night, love it

Is this not of topic @notveryprettyboy :person_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

I was kinda thinking of setting this up on my bench. vis a vis a bench

I got some last week :+1:t3:

Ok just start rebuilding one of my quads everything seems ok apart from, when you plug the battery in I get the full BF tone only half. Has anyone come across this one ???.

So just the first 3 beeps?

That means the escs have started up but can’t sense a signal from the FC.

Check the wiring between FC and ESC.

Said it once say it again…send me those vistas before you blow em again :joy::joy::joy:

Top 30 You're Funny GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Its not the best of pics basically its the voltage pin for the FC, not sure how im going to fix this :man_facepalming:t3: maybe tag on to the back…

Wont it clean up? I use a toothbrush and alcohol cleaner. But something else may have blown

Could give it a go looks a bit melted and your right that might not be the issue I’ll test the back of the pin see if I’ve got power there :+1:t3:

My 7" does this, you get the 3 beeps, then about 15 secs for ardupilot to load before you get the full 3+2 sequence you’d expect.

Never had any issues due to it. I assume it takes a while for the FC to boot since it’s got a lot of ports on it, and when it does, it power cycles the ESC or something. That tone is from the ESC (so BLHeli or whatever) I belive and not the FCS (betaflight/ardupilot).

If you never get the last two tones, I think it means there’s no connection between the ESC and FC, at least thats what I was told.

Well I’ve done some fault finding on it getting power to the FC not a lot but I haven’t been using a fully charged battery so if got one on charge now so see if there is any difference???.

That’s the back of the connector between ESC and FC looks like the negative has burnt

Check continuity between that pin and ground somewhere else on the board.

Iv checked the below Richard, sorry but I’m between devices i.e my phone and laptop whilst doing this.

This the board as its not to clear on my pic’s
https://store.tmotor.com/goods.php?id=1038

Hmmm if im honest not sure myself whether its split between the FC and the ESC ???

When you plug in a battery, do you get lights on the FC? If so and you don’t get the 4th and 5th beep from the motors then it’s got to be something to do with the signals from the FC to the ESC, which are 4 of the other wires on the connector. However it would be strange for them all to stop working as they are completely independent.

If you plug in the battery then get the 3 tones, then plug the FC into your USB port on the PC, does the FC boot up (lights on). Do you then get the remaining 2 beeps from the motors? Or for that matter, do it the other way around. plug in the FC into the PC and then the battery into the ESC.

Thanks Richard,and no lights on when battery plugged in but there is power around the board???