Software to allow waypoints to be downloaded to Air 2

Hi All,
Having decided on the Air 2 I’m now into the mode of getting everything in line. Is there anyone out there that knows of a mapping package that would help in downloading a route into the DJI Fly app?

What I am looking to achieve is creating a route on something like Google Earth Pro - for example say I was looking to find a new route for either walking or bike riding. I would look on Google Earth - create the route then download it the DJI Fly then use the drone to fly the route to see how it looks. I would then walk or cycle the route and upload it to something like Strava or my own Proshow slide show.
Has anyone ever tried anything similar?

DJI Fly doesn’t support waypoints, but have a look here @Vennwood

Litchi chit-chat ... What's Litchi? Should I use Litchi?

The Mavic Air 2 isn’t supported by Litchi yet but if DJI ever release a SDK for the Air 2 then Litchi will be all over it in a matter of weeks.

If it helps, the SDK for the original Air followed about six months after the drone was launched and Litchi had it supported in beta about a fortnight later.

Drone Harmony on Android claims to support the Air2.

Nidge.

1 Like

Oh? Result :slight_smile:

Although, that said…

Litchi is compatible with: Mavic 2 (Zoom/Pro), Mavic (Air/Pro)…

(source: Help - Litchi)

:man_shrugging:

Are you sure about that one @Nidge ?

The Air 2 isn’t listed on their site: Suported Drones | DroneDeploy

(and I’d not heard about an SDK for the Air 2 being released yet either)

Treat my last comment with reservation.

Reading the DH description it’s written as “DJI Mavic Air&1 &2, Phantom 3&4”

I have a feeling they actually mean Mavic Air, Mavic Pro 1&2.

Nidge.

1 Like

Thanks guys,
Must have been watching too many youtube videos as I thought Air 2 did support waypoints. Not all is lost though it seems maybe Drone Harmony or Lichi will develop something soon and I have a lot to learn in the meantime.
Pete

1 Like

In related (and dated) news - Airdata now accepts Air 2 flight data

2 Likes

Back in confusion mode again. On delving through the DJI Developers forum there are a couple of conflicting posts. From DJI “Choose from Free, Circle, Course Lock, and Waypoint modes, select the shooting location, and the DJI Fly app will do the rest.” [2] 8K resolution can only be used in Free and Waypoint modes.
As I haven’t decided on Air 2 or Mavic 2 Zoom so don’t have an Air 2 to check out - can anyone please explain exactly what this means?
FYI On the Developers forum the earliest date suggested for the Air 2 SDK is Q4 2020