Some more snowy landscapes - South Lanarkshire

Some more images shot over the last few weeks while we had a bit of snow in South Lanarkshire.
Mavic 2 Pro…

and some from my Nikon Z6…

24 Likes

Love the pictures do you only use the mavic pro. Do the new reg restrict you or do you only fly in country spaces.

1 Like

I’ve a Mavic 2 Pro and I’ve got my A2 C of C cert. Hoping to get a Mini 2 soon too. I’ve been out locally recently, but I prefer getting away to open country when I can. I think the new regs are great as I can now fly in urban areas. It’s keeping 50m away from people that’s the hard part.

1 Like

Fantastic John, love number 2 :heart_eyes: if I could get away with drone pictures on my walls I’d definitely be going through your albums.

1 Like

You either have a knack for taking a good landscape or not think you have a knack

1 Like

Some beauties there John. Well done.

2 Likes

Awesome set of shots again John! No.2 and 3 of the drone shots and No.7 and 9 are just stunning mate :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Cheers Steve :+1: I don’t get away with drone photos on my walls either :joy:

1 Like

Cheers John :+1:

Cheers Steve :+1:

Cheers Steve :+1: i think you’ve pretty much picked my favourites too.

1 Like

Absolutely stunning once again, John. That 3rd drone shot is amazing, mate.

1 Like

Wow… beautiful shots mate… I want to print the 3rd one out as Xmas cards for next year (I won’t, but I wanna), it’s gorgeous!

1 Like

Cheers Chris :+1:

1 Like

Cheers Jay :+1: It’s one of my favourite spots (Bothwell Castle) and handily only 5 minutes from my house.

1 Like

Wonderful pictures yet again John :slight_smile: :+1:

Can I ask, the sun rays on the second picture (and some of the pics in your last set of wintery wonder). Are they as shot with some editing to make them pop. They’re superb!

What’s your trick? … asking for a friend who always seems to end up with a blown-out patch of white on these things :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cheers Joe :+1:
The suns rays in the first lot were done by shooting straight in to the sun then taking 9 images, varying the aperture from f11 to about f4 then merging them via HDR in LR. I went from exposing for the sun to exposing for the dark shadows on the ground, hence the 9 photos.
In the second photo above, it’s a mix of the suns rays (the sun was just creeping over the tree line) and flare. All I’ve done to make them pop is boost the colours in LR. I did have to create two images of this in LR and blend them using layers as I wanted to bring out the detail in the foreground without losing the detail in the top third of the image. Hope this makes sense :grinning:

4 Likes

Makes perfect sense, yes. And thanks for the mini lesson. I feel very lazy now just letting it get on with the 5-shot AEB. I guess you gets out what you puts in :wink:

Now I just need the sun to come back :cloud_with_rain:

1 Like

tomorrow :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful Pics.
New to drone flying and awaiting lockdown to be lifted.
Flying is off at the mo for myself, reason and hopefully on Thursday I get me new knee, could do with two but hey ho I can wait.
Johnnyboy

1 Like