South Gare, Redcar - Saturday 15th April 2023

@group-northeast

I’m having a look down to South Gare at 12 to test out the Mavic Air I’ve been getting.

Then there is a container ship due into Teesport at 1300 so will try and film it with the M3C.

Anyone fancy a look down?

Mick.

Just finished editing, video to follow.
You can obviously see the difference in quality from the Air to the Classic but for a cheap back up the Air is mint.

Mick.

1 Like

Not a lot has changed since I was last there. Problem is I don’t have transport anymore. I sometimes get the train from Bishop Auckland to Redcar but at 70 I couldn’t manage the long walk, either beach or road.
I’ll get there one day, probably will have finished my first build, a hexacopter, by then. Still happy with my DJI mini and Phantm 4 Pro.
I spent the afternoon at The Batts, near Newton Cap viaduct, across the river from Kynren. I tried out my newly bought Holystone 720E, it was ok but not equal to DJI, ended up using M R C Pro instead of Ophelia Go app.
Great video.

1 Like

Let me know in advance if you are planning on coming over. I would meet you at the station and go for a fly with you. Weekends only mind!
Thanks for watching.
Mick

1 Like

Thanks, a kind offer. Where abouts are you?

Middlesbrough

Im up there this weekend. Are you aloud to fly there now? I though it was a nature reserve. I have been away from there for 20 years now but love it down there

Yes it’s ok to fly. Short notice there, I’m busy most of this weekend now!
Could possibly meet up Sunday?