SouthWest Meet @ Brean or Birnbeck

I was tempted to come, but have other plans. I’ll come to the next one hopefully. Eager to take my plane over the sea.

1 Like

Ahh, love it around Brean. We holiday a lot at Warren Farm. If they are choca we end up at Fowlers. As a little side trip you could do the lovely church by the golf course. Some great walking up there. If you guys are lucky (For great shots of course :wink: ) some muppet will park too far into the flats and lose their car. Don’t be that muppet!

Have fun!

Where we off to then Steve, Brean or Birnbeck?

Shall we aim for Brean @ 11am happy to do later in the day (sunset) if people would prefer.

2 Likes

The missus has decided to come for a day at the seaside, so 11 is fine. We’re coming down from Walsall, so she’ll need at least one stop at the services!
We’ll be in a purple Nissan Juke.

John

1 Like

Showing gusts of 35mph at midday - so might have to be the Air 2

@McSteamy2010 isn’t the beach at

My maps aren’t running properly today for some reason

The beach entrance is further south before all the caravans

1 Like

Yes mate, that’s it but we’ll move north away from the cars :+1:

Sorry I can’t view your dropped pin nor Google maps for some reason :person_facepalming:t4:

Fly from around here I’d say.

indeed - as the original location is close to the NT car park, I thought I would mention it so that anyone unfamiliar would find the entrance to the beach.

Car park got that end of beach is just behind little take away cafe where I’ve parked before , couple quid I think for 3 hours. My other half coming too, she leaves me too it and goes for walk on cliff top all way to old fort at end. I chickened out last time trying to get all way out there from beach as I’d only just got MA2 lol. So hope to get some advice from all you pros ( always happy to learn more about flying drone )
So Brean Sands it is at 11am then If it is very busy, would we go to Bimbeck Pier instead??

Thinking if it’s too busy maybe move down to here

Dropped pin
https://goo.gl/maps/jBmwRbwa1jcbhPK57

Quite scenic with churches and ship wrecks :+1:

Lol. UAV are forecasting gusts of 28mph?

1 Like

Thought about coming … all 200 mile round trip … but after watching MotoGP from 2am onward, I’d never make it without falling asleep.

Have fun! :+1:

You may even get your speed freak badge :smiley:

Don’t forget it’s an offshore wind tomorrow.

:scream:

See you there Steve, et all.

@OzoneVibe … shame you can’t make it mate, but understand :+1:

1 Like

I was there 2 weekends ago, blue skies but very windy, and it was still quite busy. Not so much on the beach, as it was 10c, but it was busy up on the downs.

1 Like