Speed Editor for Davinci Resolve

Treated myself to a Speed Editor and all I can say its it is a fantastic addition to my editing. Anyone on the fence about getting one, don’t hesitate, it’s brilliant.

There is a seller on eBay with new and sealed for less than used ones. It doesnt come with a licence but if like me you already have a Studio licence then its ideal.

8 Likes

If you already had a Studio license, then had you bought a new one with a license included, you could have sold the license. That would have meant that you bought Speed Editor for very little.

1 Like

Curious why are you not using FCPX on your Mac

Davinci is better and initially free.

2 Likes

Food for thought and the debate begins … or not?

Isn’t it just.

The question was more around using it on a Mac if you’re already bought into the Apple Ecosystem

Works beautifully on the Mac and while I am a Mac fan realised Davinci does more and didn’t need a subscription. I initially had the free version but had the licence shortly after.

1 Like

@OzoneVibe Probably what I am about to do Dave, but based on what Mark has said about his experiences with the SE I’d probably keep it! When’s Fathers Day this year? :thinking:

Beginnning to wish I had done it that way too. Hindsight is a great thing :joy:

2 Likes

I got the Studio/Speed Editor when the SE first came out, and a combined price that was identical (at the time) to Studio.

Very pleased I did it that way … on the basis that I really couldn’t justify either on the their own at their individual price.

I was also a tad lucky in that my laptop has two GPU … and something I didn’t realise (at the time) that Studio took advantage of. Happy all round. :+1:

2 Likes

I’m looking fwd to DR fully utilising my GPU as well. :+1:

I’d like some GPUs that can fully utilise DR! :rofl:

Mine are 7 year old tech … and not top of range at that time.

1 Like

@OzoneVibe Mine’s an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU so hopefully it will speed things up!

Just the single GPU? That won’t make so much difference. It’s the 2xGPU+ that makes the most difference.

Mine has a Intel HD Graphics 530 and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M.

Didn’t even know that when I got the laptop. :laughing: It was a bit of an emergency purchase.

1 Like

Mine just has the Intel integrated GPU (built in the processor) and the second is the Nvidia GPU. Cant fit another one apparently.

1 Like

Similar to (but a lot younger than) mine, then. You should see improvements with Studio.

1 Like