St Joseph's Seminary - Added to Historic Buildings in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 24.10.2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Thanks for adding to the map @Dun_na_nGall

For anyone else thinking about flying this location there is some excellent discussion in this thread too:

1 Like

Hi. This place looks amazing and it’s so local to me I never knew it existed!
Would you mind sharing where you parked your car and how you gained access to the site please?
I’ve looked on Street view and I can only see a gateway that’s fenced off from the road. Is there another way to it.
Thanks, take care. Peter

1 Like

Agreed!

It’s only 17 minutes from my gaff apparently.

North West meet up anyone? :thinking:

Click on the link to the other thread I posted directly above your post :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. I’m in Maghull and definitely up for a meet up, it would be great to put faces to names.

1 Like

Hi can I fly my fpv freestyle Quad here or is there no access into the actual buildings and grounds ?

The site has full-time security (or did when I last visited pre-Covid), and a pretty robust security fence all round.

1 Like

What kvetner said :point_up:
No chance of getting near the buildings, it’s totally ring fenced off.
24/7 security on site.
If you’re after just capturing aerial footage then as long as you don’t take off in the grounds you can have a fly around no bother.
One of the guards told me quite a few take off from Beacon Country Park as its slightly elevated above the site.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up :ok_hand:

I’ve flown here too @Dun_na_nGall :grin:

Video:

2 Likes

This spot is 10min walk from my house. The developers have moved in :frowning:

That’s a huge shame!

I’ve flown here too @Dun_na_nGall :grin:

1 Like