Starling Murmurations

Excuse the jerky movements, the camera seemed to jump into a position at times, also it was very cold which doesn’t help!

7 Likes

I’m always worried about disturbing them…

1 Like

They didn’t seem at all bothered, it might have been a different matter if I was flying directly above them but keeping low and too the side of the pier I was out of their way. If/when it warms up a bit i’d like to get some better footage.

2 Likes

These shows are fascinating, good capture :+1:

1 Like

These Starling murmurations are amazing at this time of year @markas. We have a massive flock above the village where I live every night although some idiot was launching fireworks at them last night !! The ignorance and stupidity of some people never fails to amaze. Keeping your distance is wise. I don’t think a drone would last long getting too close to them.

2 Likes

I occasionally watch them on skyline webcams, they put on a good show at Brighton Pier most evenings.

2 Likes

I think it is about being conisderate near wildlife. It is the seagulls I worry about as they chase the drones. Wasn’t an issue with the Phantom 3 as that’s a big old bird but with the Mavic mini a gull would easily knock that out of the air.

1 Like

Beautifull sight.

When I see them I always wondered how many you’d hit with a shotgun.

1 Like

I reckon a gull could f up a P3 as well!

1 Like

Depends entirely how much aspect they are presenting. Difference is huge.

Totally agree mate. Some of those gulls are huge and vicious to boot.!!

Looks awesome, almost like someone holding a magnet with pieces of metal and moving it around!

Thanks, going to head back down tonight as it’s now a bit warmer, see if I can get some better footage.