Stars Wars Filming in Cleveleys

Can’t see the drone footage in this article but looks like there is some filming activity in the Fylde area, might have a drive up over the weekend.

1 Like
4 Likes

Cafe has been modified a little :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was heading up with my drone on my electric scooter but with the cold the battery dropped and I didn’t want to push it all the way back to Blackpool :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Fit it with sails and use windpower to get home :clown_face:

1 Like

I probably could have, I was heading into the wind on the way up so it was better coming back.

1 Like

Most exciting thing to happen to Cleveleys since someone crashed a container ship onto the beach back in 2008.

I wish I’d had a drone back then, and lived in the area :grimacing:

It was quite a sight. As was the beach being entirely covered with packets of McVities chocolate digestives (all ruined sadly).

They are asking drones to stay away during filming

I was wondering about this, can they actually do anything except ask people not to fly drones?

They? :thinking:

The production team on site you mean?

Not sure the Zoltron genie machine survived well going into the future!

1 Like

The council or really anyone. If you’re flying within the rules. The council say that there will be"drone detection equipment" but then what?

Maybe they’ve got some Star Wars anti aircraft guns in place :grimacing:

1 Like

If you’re flying within the drone code and they’ve got no airspace restrictions in place, then nothing.

2 Likes

I would hope common decency would prevail :joy: and even the selfish flyers would understand that it could ruin a take if their drone got in shot, so won’t do it. :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Internet @stevesb

2 Likes

I’m not about to go and fly there but loads of people definitely will be doing and I was just wondering out of interest what if anything they can do about it. As for ruining shots it’s pretty much a main road for light aircraft along there anyway so they’ll already have loads of those to contend with.

Apply for a temporary restriction, not sure they would get it though, and it wouldn’t stop the Facebook flyers

1 Like