Strobon Cree problems

Had anyone had any issues with them charging?
Been using mine for quite a few months without issue. I charged the red one up yesterday and it took a little over an hour, then I started charging the red up. It was plugged in for 2 hours before I went to bed but I never like to leave stuff on charge overnight so unplugged it. Plugged it back in at work this morning at half eight, that’s almost 7 hours in total and its still showing as charging. Pressing the button once to check charge I still only get one flash, not the normal 3 to indicate it’s fully charged. I’ll be getting on touch with the seller as it’s only about 7 months old, was just wondering if any of you had ever had similar issues with them?

1 Like

I guess the coloured ones are different to the plain white ones.

Mine blink a brief blink when charging, then long slow blinks when fully charged.

They are about 4 years old and still working fine.

No they are the same, the light sequence is the same

I have heard of a few issues and if you get in touch with them they will replace

Only difference is the colour of the LED itself. They were bought as a pair at the same time, from the same seller. It’s not a huge issue, at worst I’ll have to buy another one but they’re not exactly expensive. Was just curious as I’ve not heard any complaints about them before.

Never bothered with the flash sequence to check if charged. I just charge when I know I need them charged, so really only noticed the different flashes when connected to a USB supply - as above - brief when charging, less frequent and slightly longer when charged.

I have just one charging now to remind myself. LOL!

1 Like

Yeah once charged it’s meant to be 1sec on, 2sec off. This one is just a short flash every second and been like that the whole time with no change. Its not getting warm and there doesnt appear to be any deformities or damage. Don’t think I’ll have the receipt but I’ll send them an email anyway.

Kind of meant reminding myself about the flashes when checking if charged by pressing the button when not connected.

I guess it’s something I’ve almost never used. It kind of seems a little superfluous.
They do lose charge slowly when not used, so if ever I used the “button press” check, it would nearly always blink as not fully charged.
The only time they’d blink as fully charged would be when I’d just charged them and disconnected.

In other news … JEEZ they are bright! LOL!

1 Like

Have you checked the USB socket for dirt ?

Indeed …

Not fully charged … 2 blinks
G_20220519_1358062

Fully charged … 3 blinks
G_20220519_1358464

You’d not get the blinking whilst charging if that was a problem, surely?

I did check the connection and the socket, also blew out with xompressed air just in case. But as above if there were no connection it wouldn’t flash to say it was charging.

1 Like

True

I contacted Fytron through their website and explained the issue. Received an email yesterday afternoon saying a replacement is on its way, no need to send the faulty unit back. :grinning:

2 Likes

Sorry guys, forgot to reply that the replacement arrived a while ago. No questions asked and no need to send the faulty one back. Great customer service, and yes I have already eamiled them to let them know.

2 Likes

Good news. :+1:

Never heard anything but praise for their customer service on the rare occasion it’s been tested. But always good to hear that hasn’t changed.

I’ve only used them once but based on that I’d definitley use them again, no complaints. Things go wrong from time to time and we have to accept that, but the mark of a good company or seller is what they do to put things right when things go pete tong. We should always post positive feedback, we all find it so easy to complain but many don’t bother to congratulate the good.