Surrey based

Originally from Staffordshire, moved down to Leatherhead, Surrey last July. Bought an Eachine before Christmas just to get used to control box and simple ‘droning’. Bought a DJI Phantom 3 Professional recently and learning to fly it, although it is a bit difficult to find places to practice round here!
Did a road trip from Santiage, Chile to Tierra del Fuego and back in January/February in a Hilux, (5,000 miles), wish I’d had the drone for Patigonia and the Andes! Planning a trip from UK to Mongolia and back for 2021 so will take a drone with me

3 Likes

Hi Steve / @Hellequin , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

Quite a few of our members also own the P3P … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

:wink::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Thanks for the info Rob, never come across Dronescene before :slight_smile:

Steve, if you want someone to join you on a long road adventure, please do get in touch. I have done loads of driving in the 90s to the wilder parts of the ex Soviet states in tough conditions… .

Hi @Hellequin and welcome to Grey Arrows mate :+1:t2:

still planning and looking into it, will keep in touch

cheers Ping