Tello robust

because the weather is crap I thought I would fly my Tello round the house, sitting in my office upstairs I flew it out the room down the stairs in the living room then out into the hallway then into the dining room back out into the kitchen up the stairs into the bedrooms ect whilst I was still sitting in my office
(pos plonker badge pls) first time was great no problems then the second flight I flew it down out into the kitchen near the door at that point missus decided to come in through the back door opened it bashing poor little Tello across the kitchen and landing of all places in the dogs water bowl completely submerging it ooops !!
took it apart blew it dry with air gun and the motors put it back together seems to be ok suprised how much internals are covered in hard gel
this poor little drone has been bashed about the house and garden had more crashes than Evil Kneivel
and still flys straight and hovers stable .still on the same props as well :smiley:

6 Likes

perhaps you should rename it “lucky” by the sounds of it. it needs all the luck it can get with you flying it. :joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

dont tell the RSPCD (ROYAL SOCIETY for the PREVENTION of CRULITY to DRONES they my investigate you

1 Like

Note to self…

Don’t by a drone from @scorps

Especially a Tello.

2 Likes

my poor little Tello if it aint gone wrong yet it never will lol

I must admit I found the Tello quite disappointing when I first got one but this was due to the poor performing software that Ryze produced to support it.

I started to use DroneBlocks with it and that’s when my admiration for it increased. I also use Tello FPV (Android only I think) and that is a big improvement over the official Tello App. No video glitches, even when using a BT controller. The App also supports VR goggles and even has quite a respectable RTH feature, and unlike the official App it is frequently updated with new features.

Nidge.

2 Likes

Nidge I would love to use goggles but I tried them and felt sick as a dog
I cant play 3d games on playstations ect because I get motion sickness funny tho I dont ever get sea sick

2 Likes

Lol, I turned down some goggles at Christmas purely based on that reason! :face_vomiting: I don’t cope at sea either :grimacing::nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I am exactly the same, went on the “Back to the Future” ride in the US many years ago , honked my guts up when I stepped off the ride !.
Been on a ship hitting 50ft waves, and was sitting eating steak and chips ! :man_shrugging:

New ,I’d get it wrong !!,
my boy has just leaned over my shoulder and informs me that it was the “Spiderman” ride, not BTTF.

1 Like

Clearly a different type than mine :joy:

Went over to the I.O.M once in a force 9 - Crew :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: (not the only ones I add) Sea-kings sent out due to radio loss More than once I swear we heard the propellers out of the water Now that had you been there probably would have cured your nausea for life :rofl:

1 Like

Mine spent the 1st few days scrapping the Artex off the lounge ceiling :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Trust me, everyone gets sea sick. You just haven’t found your limit yet.

The two roughest seas I.went through were Hurricane Bertha in the Mexican Gulf (Force 12) and a severe storm in the North Sea, again Force 12, in response to an oil rig that had lost its anchorage and lifeboats and was drifting at 15knots. Both instances I never felt anything close to sea sickness. However, while doing offshore survival training we had to climb into an enclosed inflatable life raft in a medium swell. Everyone was sea sick then.

Nidge.

1 Like

Hi,
Glad I seen this post, just ordered one of these and now know how tough they are.
Cheers
Pete.

2 Likes

I am thinking about getting one as well, getting fed up with the weather, I fancy flying an obstacle course indoors now. Just going for a look on amazon.

Have a look for the Parrot Mambo as well. For a similar price of the Tello, it comes with a remote, FPV goggles, 2 batteries and some other ‘gadgets’.

1 Like

had one of those was good till one of the motors seized think its in a drawer in workshop
will go look see if i can source a motor

1 Like

Hi got any suppler suggestions? :wink:

they do a parrot mambo with a cannon so you can fly it in the living room and fire pellets at the missus

The topic title "Tello robust" … I can’t seem to read that without it morphing into a sequel of the Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, Tony Curtis, Eric Sykes, Terry-Thomas (and others) film title Monet Caro or Bust.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Unfortunately not. Apparently they’ve stopped making them so they’re quite hard to find. I managed to find a unused one on gumtree.