Tenerife

We were in Tenerife in February I took my mini 3 pro and found plenty of places to fly on the coast even in las Christianos the national parks are no fly zones but while we were up at mount tiede we witnessed a drone being flown
The wind was never a problem
Enaire is the Spanish site to check for restrictions

Hi,
I am looking to travel to Tenerife and wondered how easy it is to take my DJI Mini 3 Pro with me, do I check it in the hold or is it best to carry on board and more to the point is it legal to do so?
Thanking you in advance for your thoughts / answers.
Regards
Twiggy1
Quinton

@Twiggy1 we have moved your post to an existing thread covering travel to Tenerife.

Just want some clarification, I have a remote pilots license for Europe with I.D. Looking at going to Tenerife and flying at 2 possible locations, marked in picture. Recreational flights, sub250g drone.

1. Do I need insurance?
  2. Area showing no restrictions, can I assume ok to fly there?

Thanks for the help guys.

Moved your post to the “Tenerife” thread. :+1:

Just keep an eye out of for the helicopters, and the police, they carry guns and are not always aware of drone rules

Now flight restriction over the whole area. So drone unpacked before we left for the airport. :slightly_frowning_face:

Off to tenerife tomorrow, flew drone there a year ago, few restrictions, now almost all restricted. Southern mainland Spain seems to be the same now. Assuming it will stay like this. No point taking drone to my usual holiday destinations, shame!

Weird that Tenerife is so restricted. Try Fuerteventura.
I flew there just a couple of weeks ago and almost no restrictions outside the airport.

I don’t think that is strictly true regarding Fuerteventura; there are many bird zones around the coastal areas and beaches, as well as the Natural Parque; you need to check the ENAIRE website for the specific areas.

I was stopped by a lady from the council and told not to fly!