Thank you Sainsbury’s 👍🏼

Well another 360 bites the dust, gunna give repairing it a go as nothing to loose… But looking at cheaper alternatives moving forward so open to ideas :+1:t3:

RunCam Thumb?

There’s always the option of NOT strapping an expensive action cam on. That will almost guarantee flawless flights that you’ll wish you had better footage of. :grin:

By the way. Every time I drive past the old Showcase it gets me thinking. I must actually stop and take a closer look sometime.

1 Like

Let’s see the footage :grinning:

Well managed to secure a run cam thumb with filters and 3d printed mount for £30 not sure if that’s a good price or not :man_shrugging:t3:

£29 mine cost on AliExpress… took awhile to get here.

Well managed to secure a runcam thumb with filters and 3d printed mount for £30 not sure if that’s a good price or not :man_shrugging:t3:

Ill have to check as not sure i had a card in my goggles

1 Like

Is that the one on Foresters Leisure Park Derby ?
I live five minutes down the road from there. :wink:

That’s the one. I mean, there’s got to be some fun to be had in there, hasn’t there?

Dunno, there’s been a few of these “Urbex” lot done some walkabout videos, but the owners put security on site ( don’t know if they are there 24/7 though ) There’s a rather large opening in the front of the building, where the owners started demolition, but the council stepped in and stopped it . Don’t know why as it’s a bloody eyesore .
Btw, I’ve just been in that Sainsburys an hour ago ( topping up the alcohol supply ) :joy::beer::beer:

Think thats were the billboards were :+1:t3:

I looked long and hard at something lighter weight than a GoPro to stick on smaller quads. I tried RunCam Thumb Pro V2 and tbh, I found the footage ok - but what a faff with Gyroflow every time.

Eventually I went for a DJI Action 2 (paid £170 on a deal from Argos) and got the DJI Care for (I think!) £24 for a year. I’ve literally just twatted it, and DJI replaced it no questions asked, I just paid the courier fee.

Brand new camera arrived this AM! :man_dancing:

Footage is excellent quality (Hero 7/8 comparable) - and the replacement service makes it an easy choice for me.

2 Likes

Well I’ll try this thumb see how it goes just looking into how you power it. Think the best way would be to take a feed off the balance lead and run into a 5v regulator. Just googled a few and hobbyrc are selling packs of 3 for 6 quid, not sure of quality??.

How does everyone else power theirs???

Either 5v off of the FC or a separate BEC as you say from balance lead makes sense

Yah i think BEC is the way forward :+1:t3:

Good news I have it on my goggles :+1:t3:

Ill sort and post over the weekend …

2 Likes

Well here it is not the best as it comes from my goggles, my new Runcam thumb is here so see what that’s like. Just been researching the 4k one and gets good reviews :thinking:

1 Like

Also got one of these and impressed so far

Hey up mate I’ve just got the basic 1 I’ve researched the 4k one and it get cracking reviews… just trying to work out if the app works with mine?? As wouldn’t mind changing the settings :+1:t3:

1 Like

Turn the cam on it’ll write a settings file to the SD. Open up and change the settings on it…only the pro 4k and the orange use QR codes from the app