The Bando Hotel, Zadar

Basically this place looks like a level in an FPV simulator. But… it’s real. :star_struck: Definitely one for @group-fpv to drool over!

This was my last spot on my recent visit to Zadar in Croatia, was due to be a hotel but was never completed. I suspect it’s a popular spot with local flyers - it’s even got its own google map pin! :laughing:

Was my last day, so went there expecting to crash and not being too too fussed if I did. And I did. A lot. :see_no_evil:

I did crack the screen on the Action 2 in one pretty solid crunch, but I’ve got the replacement coverage so is no great issue.

Was an absolutely epic place to fly. Could have spent a lot of time here. There are so many places like this in Croatia, and the attitude is a lot more relaxed than in the U.K. so these places are largely accessible too. I need to come back for a week when I just get to fly and don’t have to work!
\

8 Likes

Love it.
Nice cuts on the video.
It looks like a something that should be ina sim.

Stairs assent was rather good.

1 Like

Thx! It does just look totally like a sim level. f I knew how to build levels in LiftOff or FPV Unleashed etc I’d certainly give it a go :grin:

1 Like

Velocidrone is the only one with anything like a level editor and you’re limited to basically placing and resizing their fixed set of geometric primitives, which makes it a tedious affair. I did Matlock, then a very sparse Willington, and started on Chesterfield but lost interest.

I had it in mind to got to Croatia this year with the express intent of flying the old Penthouse hotel at Malinska (Haludovo - also has a Google Maps pin) but, like so many other things, never assembled my faeces. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Oh - not seen that one, looks superb.

There is also this monstrosity, which used to house “The Museum of Partisans’ Struggle” - which is about as communist as it gets!

I gotta go back with more time and more batteries :grin:

That one, and loads of other completely bonkers places are also listed here:

https://www.blocal-travel.com/urbex/abandoned-place/abandoned-places-croatia/

2 Likes

Ugly building comp lol?

3 Likes

Awesome video and location!

1 Like

great venue / great light / video quality & edit. congrats!

Also respect on your controlled and confident proximity flying skills. :clap:

1 Like

Thx! Was an epic location - and the light was superb too. Not sure about the ‘controlled and confident proximity flying skills’ - the video edit hides many sins! :joy: And 90% of the time I still crap my pants flying in locations like this tbh. :see_no_evil: