The Daily Photo Thread

A mate of mine owns the fields opposite the Windmill and I’m often practicing my FPV over there :ok_hand:t2:

One of those tanks (photo 3) is used to breed baby swamp monsters, which are then let free in the lagoons shown in photo 2.

Well, that’s what I think is going on.

It’s nice there when it snows, I will have to pop back some time!

Don’t forget that on Drone Scene you can now tag if you’ve visited someone’s flight location :wink:

2 Likes

The Manchester Ship Canal near Lymm.

11 Likes

Birmingham City Centre. Bit noisy as took the pics in auto as was rushing about as a police chopper kept coming and going over the Christmas market so was a case of get up when I could and not muck about for too long. Hopefully next time will take on some of the advice for night photos when I don’t feel rushed. Didn’t want to waste the ridiculous car parking prices! :laughing:

13 Likes

Had a mminute to get a couple shots of Pleasley pit just missed the golden minute by about 10 mins. But honestly to cold for flying Had 5 mins in the air and retreated back to the car😂

7 Likes

Only a 10 minute drive outside of Swindon lies Stanton Country Park. It’s a hidden gem :heart_eyes:

Full thread here

19 Likes

Cracking photos mate :heart_eyes:

The noise is caused by too much ISO. Auto has a tendency to do that at night. The 1st image is ISO 400 and 0.1 second shutter speed. If you do opt for manual next time, I would try reducing the ISO to 100 (the lowest) and set the shutter to 0.5 seconds (and work up from there), as there isn’t a lot of movement in these shots :+1:

Alternatively, you can always deNoise it in post 😉

Couple of night shots (first ever ) just off J26 M1

9 Likes

Thanks, been playing with Lightroom this evening, and reduced the noise a fair bit and found a balance with detail.

Thanks for the settings advice, will have a go next time. Was kinda my intention to do that anyway, but as I mentioned Police copper was coming and going so didn’t really want to be flying blind if I had to move quickly (as soon as reduce ISO to 100 in the dark, you pretty much can’t see anything on the screen!)

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Great Big Non-Drone Photo Thread!

Took advantage of a break in the weather (mainly wind) to nip across to The Chevin and take a couple of snaps of bucolic Belper.

10 Likes

A few from a quick flight today once the snow had stopped. And a bit of messing about in post!

21 Likes

@CSB73 No3 for me

1 Like

Cheers Alan :+1:

A couple of panos of a wintry South Lanarkshire.

Black Hill - 5 image manual pano - Mavic 2 Pro - 1/240sec @ f5.6, 100iso.
(Black Hill is a Scheduled Ancient Monument as it is the location of a burial cairn from the Bronze Age and an Iron Age fortress.)

Looking south from Black Hill - 3 image pano - Mavic 2 Pro - 1/240sec @ f10, 100iso.

…and who knows what these are?

21 Likes

@Drumsagard…Fir tree saplings ?

3 Likes

:clap: :clap: Obviously too easy lol, I thought it may take a bit longer than that.

1 Like

@Drumsagard …No not too easy I was thinking its going to be a winter crop so of all things “sprouts” came to mind :rofl: but image 2 gave me the clue, that’s a new plantation on the hill…nice shots …Alan

1 Like

Lovely shots, John. Love the colour of no.2. Didn’t have a clue about pic. 3 though. Well done Alan @Sandbagger !

1 Like

Funny you should mention sprouts :joy:, I was flying back to my car when I popped the camera straight down and thought ‘they look tiny, what are they?’ My first thought was very small crops of some kind, then I glanced to the right of the road I was parked on and saw row upon row of 4ft high trees. Never even noticed them when I stopped my car :joy: