The Daily Photo Thread

Walltown Crags, Northumberland.
Decided to get out and blow the Christmas cobwebs away. Took both camera and drone on the off chance the wind would ease enough for a quick flight. Which it did - just! (With a few strong wind warnings!)

15 Likes

Great pics and location Chris :+1:

2 Likes

@CSB73 …nice, was this today I was amazed how much the weather improved overnight calm and dry on the east coast this morning …why don’t you edit one of these in B/W for the current RTF challenge :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks John. This isnt far from Sycamore Gap. Never been here before so thought I d give it a go today. :+1:

1 Like

Another one to add to my locations to do list :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers Alan. This was today about 1pm ish. It was windy, mind. It was blowing from over the top of the crag so decided to walk to the bottom and take off from there. Seem to help, the wind warnings started to kick in at about 60m up. :+1:

1 Like

Took your advice, Alan. I have entered a B/W edit into the RTF comp. Cheers :+1:

2 Likes

I was in Wye Valley today and grabbed these with the Mini 2 …

Caldicot Castle

Chepstow Bridge, also known as the ‘Old Wye’ bridge

Chepstow Castle

Cleddon Shoots, there are some more shots but using the DSLR here

Tintern Abbey

19 Likes

It’s a few years since I was at Tintern. Landed in the grounds with my paraglider. :wink:

Superb pictures and what a lovely scenery.

1 Like

Lovely pics.

Those are awesome. I’ve flown and photographed those as well. I ought to pop back!

2 Likes

Thanks Abby :+1:

Some pics from a drive around the Angus countryside/coastline on New Years day. Some Nikon pics here - The Great Big Non-Drone Photo Thread! - #2037 by Drumsagard

Arbroath Harbour - Mavic 2 Pro

Glamis Castle (the setting for Macbeth and the childhood home of The Queen Mother) - Mavic 2 Pro

Restenneth Priory - Mavic 2 Pro

21 Likes

New to drone footage, but this is from this morning at a local landmark called the “Singing Ringing Tree” Crown Point Road, Burnley. I’ll add it do the locations map when I sus out how to do it :slight_smile:

DJI Mavic Air 2s 1/800 f/2.8 100ISO

12 Likes

'Tis. :wink: :+1:

13 Likes

Like a favourite child. It’s all I seem to photograph at the moment.

Damn you work getting in the way of living

A rather wet Drax Power Station (the wet area is where the coal was stored before it went biomass)

Mini 2 with a shit load of Snapseed

24 Likes

From the back garden this morning, sunrise over Swindon, with Dragon Hill beyond …

Golden Hour

15 Likes

The land in the vid SO needs some spot on stabilisation. :+1:

What vid? It’s a GIF … G is for GIF … V is for video :rofl:

A series of 13 photos at 400’, turned into a GIF using Ezgif.

2 Likes