The Daily Photo Thread

A day out at the Brecon Beacons today, mainly Pen y Fan. It was blue skies all the way from Swindon to the Beacons. Unfortunately, after parking up and I got my first sight of the mountain, I quickly realised the summit was covered in cloud :man_facepalming:

I walked from Pont ar Daf car park up the track, along with hundreds of other walkers (it was very busy). A 4 mile round trip. It took me about 2 hours to get to the top (stopping every 5 minutes and watching grannys whizz past me on sticks :pensive:). After reaching the top, it was bitterly cold, lots of ice and very windy (I checked UAV forecast which said the opposite). The peak is 886m, making it the highest mountain in Southern Britain. Not one to give in, I launched the Mini 2 (not the M2P due to the number of people) and tried to see where the clouds ended, above and around the summit. It took just over 350’ to punch through the clouds, and I then saw that they went on forever in all directions around the summit.

I managed to get a photo with my phone of me standing by the “886m sign”:

Photo from the summit, which is 886m, so the Mini 2 is about a 1km above sea level :wink:

Some photos shot with the DJI Pocket 2 here:

I decended the mountain, out of the cloud, and found some reservoirs.

Beacons Reservoir:

Llwyn-on Reservoir, and looking North to Pen y Fan:

Castell Coch:

22 Likes