The Daily Photo Thread

Thank’s Chris :smiley:

Some frosty shots from the Riverbank this morning.

8 Likes

@thewhoosh Thought it might be Keith. Excellent quality. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Went up to Cannock Chase, Staffordshire for a Wimpy and took these instead (not as appetising but better for you!).

One of the few pleasures of living in Stafford is this AONB! Did think I was going to get run over by the bikers so took the photo quick! :rofl:

11 Likes

Port talbot steel works { Tata }, just as the sun has gone down.

And a black & white for good measure

A zoomed & cropped, blast furnace 1 & 2

12 Likes

Sudeley Castle, Winchcombe, Cotswolds - taken this afternoon with the Mini 3 Pro.

14 Likes

On the Stow Road heading back from Sudeley Castle, I saw this old tin barn, a silhouette against the sunset. I couldn’t resist it, so pulled over and launched the Mini 3 Pro.

10 Likes

I saw Devil’s Chimney at Leckhampton Hill yesterday.

More info

Devil’s Chimney is a limestone rock formation that stands above a disused quarry in Leckhampton, near Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England.

It is named for its peculiar shape, that of a crooked and twisted chimney rising from the ground. The Devil’s Chimney is a local landmark, but its origins are uncertain. In 1926 it survived an earthquake, but not without a few cracks. In 1985 it was repaired and protected from further erosion.

Legend holds that the Devil’s Chimney is the chimney of the Devil’s dwelling deep beneath the ground. Supposedly the Devil, provoked by the many Christian churches of the area, would sit atop Leckhampton Hill and hurl stones at Sunday churchgoers. However the stones were turned back on him, driving him beneath the ground and trapping him there so he could not further harass the villagers. Now he uses the mass of stones as his chimney to let free the smokes of hell.

Visitors to the Devil’s Chimney would leave a coin on top of the rock as payment to the Devil in exchange for his staying in his underground home and not leaving to create mischief and spread evil in the local area.

10 Likes

These photos are great. Thinking of a mini 3.

Cheers Neil. Yes, the Mini 3 is a great choice … the Swiss Army Knife of drones👍

2 Likes

Yesterday, was a complete white out. But it was low cloud, which made for some nice cloud inversion photos. Taken in the valley by Charlton Abbots, northeast of Cheltenham, with the Mini 3 Pro (2 x AEB 5 sets, stacked to HDR, manual pano).

10 Likes

Cloud inversion at Seven Springs, near Cheltenham, yesterday with the Mini 3 Pro.

12 Likes

More cloud inversions, this time at Lineover Wood, near Cheltenham. Taken with the Mini 3 Pro.

14 Likes

See I like black & white, you can hide mistakes :joy: joking

Plus it has pylons, my forte …

2 Likes

Cleeve Hill, near Cheltenham, yesterday, with the Mini 3 Pro.

12 Likes

You made me have a look at mine in black&white and i actually like how it looks thank you :blush:

12 Likes

Which bridge is that @Neil79 ?

I’ve always loved B & W pics, even if there not the most favourable for some, I like them.

1 Like

Its the Humberbridge in Kingston upon hull suspension Bridge. Thanks yeah like it in b&w

1 Like

Looks like some practicing for the monochrome landscapes challenge possibly next going on above :+1:t3:

I crossed the prince of wales bridge yesterday going to wales, it looks very similar, on return I didn’t even know I was on it due to the freezing fog :scream::smiley:

1 Like