The Daily Photo Thread

Just messing before the school run.

16 Likes

Great shot, I do like these sorts of top down shots with a road between. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is a cool photo. I keep forgetting to look straight down when I’m out taking photos. Probably missing some great opportunities. I did take a couple of a local sewage works which had cool circle patterns but can’t find them now.p

2 Likes

Nice enough as is, but re-take in a couple of weeks when the leaves are changing would be great. :grinning:

Just staring to go now, thats why I went up for a look see ;o)

Yep, there’s a forest behind my mate’s house, hoping to get out there within the next week or two if I can manage to get a day that’s neither wet nor windy.

Another nostalgic 2017 photo …

Discovered there were NO campsites in central Sicilia!! Had to stay in a hotel for the night. (I’d have rough camped, but my friend who joined me for the Sardegna/Sicilia legs was not having any of it!)

This place was just to the SW of Nicosia, Sicilia.

8 Likes

Closer to home … the New Forest … about 2 years ago …

9 Likes

a couple of shots from rnli penlee from a couple of weeks ago

15 Likes

Italian roofs.

Petralia Sottana, Sicilia - June '17

11 Likes

Ragusa, Sicilia - June '17

Looking west from above the enchanting old city, with the cathedral middle-right, toward the sprawling (more) modern city.

This was where I thought a local copper was about to arrest me … but it turned out he wanted some photos of his house. :grin:

7 Likes

They definitely don’t adhere to a grid structure. Just plonk the house down and have done.

One of the characteristics I like about Italian Medieval Hill Top towns.
The topography would defeat grids even if they wanted to.

1 Like

The sky is amazing in all of these.

1 Like

Straight from the M2P no editing.

13 Likes

Noice! 1 step away from a dutch roundabout

1 Like

7:50am sunrise @ Lyme Regis, Dorset | Jurassic Coast

12 Likes

Taken today in the Cheviot Hills

12 Likes

Back in 2017 - the Panorama functions didn’t exist on the MP.

Had I thought about it more - I could have taken manual ones and stitched using PS/LR/ICE/etc … but I’d never done pano stitching and never thought about it. Bloody shame, really, there is so much potential in Italy’s medieval towns!

As if to prove the point, two pics taken with no pano-stitching in mind at the time … or since, until today …

Yup - more Italian roof tops, Italian medieval hill-top towns.

This one is most definitely the MOST hill-toppy one I’ve ever found, to the extent that subsequent ones were slight disappointments in that respect.

Anyway - this is Sant’ Agata di Puglia (wiki).

Walked around the place at about 2pm in 40℃ temps … no tourists (:+1:), and the locals were in their cool boltholes doing their siesta type thing (:+1:).

Anyway … panos … rather pleased how these two glued together. The exif tells me I was at the same height/location for each - which was lucky. Although with so much detail the chances are PS would still have done an excellent job.

8 Likes

Reminds me of Rheda-Wiedenbruck - where are you?
Nice shot btw.