The Daily Photo Thread

Thank you @BrianB , four bags in my case last night :joy:

Thank you @greenarmy1978

Yes this and the ones from the DSLR are now on various groups on Facebook,

Don’t know if you need all that much kit for a landscape (or seascape), this was taken with an Olympus micro four thirds camera, about a third of the weight and size of a dslr

13 Likes

I just have a screenshot of this still from a video - I am away from home and my laptop today, so will work on stuff when I get home tomorrow.

Anyway, this is a GAMA - a GLCM Alert and Maintenance Area. GLCM stands for Ground Launched Cruise Missile. Location undisclosed.

Before anyone gets worried, some of you may remember during the 80s, there was controversy with USAF storing nuclear weapons at a couple of bases in the UK. There were demonstrations, and peace camps and under the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF Treaty), the weapons were removed from UK soil. So this place, although still under the auspices of the MOD, is NOT going to get me in trouble. It wasn’t even a DJI NFZ.

Anyway, enjoy!

5 Likes

Even with your Olympus I still would have had four bags, Inspire, Mavic, tripod and camera.
The camera works and I don’t use it as much as I used to so I have no plans on spending more money on one just yet :slightly_smiling_face:

that is a beautiful photo my friend

1 Like

Thanks!
Was really lucky to get it. It was only because the wedding I was at was getting to the “lively” part of the evening, and getting dark outside, that I thought I should take the MP back to my room … which necessitated going outside. :+1:

its surely a talent you have.
I am a gadget man and thats why i bought the MP.
I havent got a clue about photography , but i would love to be able to produce something like that.
very well done mate

2 Likes

Shame I never hand held the drone for this

5 Likes

Why do you say that?

Because I was heading home and the car was packed including the spark, so iphone opportunity
Maybe next time
B

1 Like

Ahhhhh! Not a DRONE pic! #TutTut! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No objection if its removed mate…just thought I would show it…

1 Like

I want the summer back :cry:

12 Likes

You remembered to strip the GPS data from the EXIF, right @suffolkfox ? :wink:

Interesting alignment of those ‘structures’? I’m guessing they’re all angled that way for a reason? :thinking:

I checked the other day … the upload seems to do that anyway.

1 Like

Ah, good to know, thanks Dave :+1:

The only reason I can think of is to protect them from blasts, either accidental or otherwise…

1 Like

It is blast, one bomb targeted on a door can only take out one bunker, were they opposite each other two could be destroyed with one bomb, theoretically!

3 Likes

They also build explosive storage bunkers like that in the event of accidental detonation. Idea is to direct blast away from other storage areas.

Have an old explosives factory near me and that’s how it’s setup.

The older part of site had concrete and sand bunkers with wooden roofs. Idea was to let the blast go straight up.

3 Likes