The Daily Photo Thread

Sun rise :grinning:

11 Likes

Out at Westmill Wind Farm last night, check here for the timelapse.

21 Likes

The Two (Water) Towers at Southwold, Suffolk. The smaller tower was built in 1886 and is Grade II listed. It was originally topped with a wind pump which drew water up from a well to fill the tower.

The larger tower was built in 1937 and held 150,000 litres of water compared to the original’s 40,000. The original structure was scheduled for demolition, but was spared following a public campaign.

19 Likes

I seem to have subconsciously decided to just take photos of pairs of towers today…

This entry is a pair of towers in Poringland, just to the south of Norwich.

The tower on the right is one of what was originally four radar transmitter masts which were built during the Second World War as part of the “Chain Home” network of early warning radar stations constructed by the RAF. Curiously the receiving towers that were paired with these steel transmitters were all wooden construction, and none remain standing.

The tower on the left is a more modern telecommunications tower. You can find out more details about the site here.

10 Likes

@Sandbagger to answer your question from the Fundamental Colour Challenge. The River is over the other direction. It does seem a rather excessive bridge, but capturing the river wasn’t as green :wink:

7 Likes

@firstadekit ….it was probably a boggy marshy area in medieval times hence the arches ……and your river pic with the yellow rapeseed field in the background confirms the saying “ the grass is always greener on the other side “

2 Likes

Aysgarth today Mavic 2 pro

17 Likes

I’m just back from a short break in the Carlow/Kilkenny area. Saturday was too windy and Sunday was too wet, but today we went for a short walk along the towpath at Goresbridge on the River Barrow before returning North and I was able to get the Mini 2 in the air for a few minutes.

17 Likes

YAMS, Yet Another Morecambe Sunset taken last night.

15 Likes

10 Likes

Took this one this evening: Swannington No1 Colliery

13 Likes

Testing.

12 Likes

Pavement parking :scream:

Nice fundamentally grey photo :heart_eyes::wink:

Great shot :+1:

The new Bike trail in my local park (Bedworth miners welfare park)

There is a football pitch, skate park, cricket pitch and an outdoor gym all in the same photo :grin: :joy:

Taken with the OG Mavic Mini on a walk with the missus a couple of nights ago.

16 Likes

Quite windy at Fyfield Down today …

This fella seemed quite interested in the drone, a buzzard I think?

13 Likes

Red Kite … the tail is a giveaway.

2 Likes

I thought their head is white?

Can be just lighter - which that one is. Don’t have to be “white”.

First to come up on Google …

5 Likes