The Daily Photo Thread

Grace Dieu priory

10 Likes

Derelict

8 Likes

@OzoneVibe I think @Kirky deserves an Industrial Revolution badge for this :+1:

1 Like

Maybe this from google will help :smiley:

Crofton Beam Engines is a rare survivor of the Industrial Revolution and houses the oldest working Beam Engine in the world, still in its original location and still capable of carrying out its original task - pumping water to the summit level of the Kennet and Avon Canal.

1 Like

Had to be done… :slight_smile:

13 Likes

The Customs house On Lancaster Quay

Custom House, Lancaster - Wikipedia

11 Likes

Bike sculpute, made from scafold poles, calne wiltshire

I know the edits are not the best, heads not with it as on the way home from here, the old faithful now not so faithful van went into limp mode, spanner light & EML light on, to find out when I got home, some how it’s blown 2 holes in the inlet manifold :grimacing:

8 Likes

A man’s worst nightmare.

I went flying this evening …

Unfortunately, I missed the “Patterns” RTF by one day. Still, I enjoyed taking this. The 100 MW battery storage in Minety, near Swindon.

A few more from the surrounding area - Cotswolds Water Park …

And Church of the Holy Cross, in Ashton Keynes

where a black ram got a bit friendly

17 Likes

It’d be interesting to revisit that site with a thermal camera :slight_smile:

How? How do you find more than 24hrs in a day??!??

Please let us know your secret :smiley:

@clinkadink
I was going try & tag you earlier whilst I was out yr way, see if you wanted dinner on me :smiley:

1 Like

I haven’t been flying for ages. At least it seems that way :man_facepalming:

The trailer was wet with paint so I had an early exit, 4 pm, so grabbed some me time :+1:

1 Like

Bit effiing late now. You should have … would have jumped at the chance.

2 Likes

Missed this. Agreed. The sheer amount of wattage for what is really a small area baffles me. Guaranteed it’s quite toasty on the old infrared.

2 Likes

I still don’t know why it’s called “Ninety” when it’s pushing 100mw :grimacing:

Bit like the “3” mobile network :man_facepalming:t2:

The pic with the graffiti is great, it gives a little more to the image :+1:

Went out flying yesterday morning with the Air 2S and M3P. I did a couple of places where I’d wanted to for a while…Fiddlers Ferry , Widnes and Scarth hill water tower near Ormskirk.

First up Scarth hill…

And Fiddlers Ferry…

Great place to fly that, there’s a little Indian place which has closed down right next it, so the car park is free :grin:

Pity it’s up for demolition, I had a read before going out, the planning was passed last September for it to be flattened. I was talking to the security guard who just happened to drive up to where I was parked, she said there’s been plans for all kinds to be built on the site, but as for the demolition, she reckons it isn’t going to be any time soon. Gives people more time then to fly around it then :+1: :smile:

17 Likes

This mornings sunrise which wasn’t expected as forecast rain last night, quick send for a pic before work.

7 Likes

I’m a welder myself, I can really appreciate the work that’s gone into that bike, would love to try one, one day. Nice one👍

1 Like

Nice that Steve :+1: