The Daily Photo Thread

Just looked at the exif, this is an HDR, 3 images ISO800 at 1/5, 1/10 and 1/20 second so no surprise it’s grainy and soft.

3 Likes

Was going to ask what your ISO was set at.

Nice photo though.

2 Likes

Farley Mount Monument - just west of Winchester

“On top of the mount is a folly, which stands as a monument to a horse named ‘Beware Chalk Pit’, which carried its owner to a racing victory in 1734, a year after falling into a twenty-five feet deep chalk pit while out hunting.”

18 Likes

Probably the DJI intelligent batteries in sub-zero conditions at a guess? (rather than the motors)

2 Likes

But, with the batteries, you’ve been keeping them somewhere nice and warm, the last thing you want to do is to hover for a minute and let them cool down.
I’ve searched and not found what I seem to remember being posted.

2 Likes

4k Video from yesterday @ Farley Mount Monument.

I decided to play with the POI mode … but there was some kind of drifting going on, so not perfect.
I was pretty close (25m) to the point, so that won’t have helped.

13 Likes

Is it maybe so the Mavic can fix its location for its return ??

It has that position as soon as it’s in gps mode … and it gets that pretty quickly up a mountain.

Seems that the Air likes a bit of decent light… Still processing today’s flights but I’m beginning to be more convinced by the latest offering from DJI. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

16 Likes

14 Likes

Oh OK I thought it was something to do with the precise landing where the sensors / cameras or whatever they are on the bottom took an image of the take off position ???

Like you I thought Id read that somewhere but maybe not LOL.

1 Like

The precision landing is as a result of photo(s) taken at 10m (I think?), so hovering a few feet wouldn’t help.
Above snow … not sure the 10m photo would enable it to be precise. It needs detail to recognise the take-off point visually.

28 Likes

Weathers poo here today but I managed a one battery mission before being grounded…the local boat club storage yard, waiting for the warmer weather :slight_smile:

14 Likes

2 old farts flying drones :+1::grinning:

32 Likes

25 Likes

Wheres that viaduct?

Washington village area Newcastle upon Tyne

1 Like

Lol, great pic :smiley:

Who’s the other bloke? Is he on GADC?