The Daily Photo Thread

Nice shot. Trees might be a bit close for comfort though. :wink:

1 Like

I quite often fly through the woods using my FPV it’s a good way to sharpen your skills and learn to judge the gap based on the size of the Mavic. Won’t lie have trimmed some greenery when I first started doing it.

6 Likes

Went to test the insanely bright strobe on the bum of JayForceOne and took a little post sunset view of my home town as the lights came on.

19 Likes

Lush weather today. Flew 2.5miles out for this shot. Hope you like.

49 Likes

Nice!!

What’s in the water, just below the boat, left of centre?

And what was ya battery life like when you got back? :wink:

2 Likes

It was weird it was like they had a hose under water then coming up there because it was jetting water?! No idea.

Very very low she touched the ground at 11%

3 Likes

Fascinating boat, any idea what it is?

It had LPG on the side of it. So maybe I gaint floating gas tank.

Dang it! That’s SUCH a downside of aerial photos … can’t read the sides of ships. :wink:

2 Likes

34 Likes

No amphibious planes? :wink:

1 Like

Almost got a cracking video of one landing but was bit rusty on the sticks.
I couldn’t see it on the iPad so was panning madly to find it. On watching it back it was centre to start with, shot ruined.
I really need more practice.

1 Like

LIGHTING IN HOUSES

This tower of light was built in 1835 so it’s seen a lot over time. She sits on the gateway to Falmouth Harbour, one of the largest natural harbours in the world.

St Anthony’s Lighthouse, Cornwall

59 Likes

Stunning photo, I like that a lot!

Quick picture while i was in France, Mavic hovering low, while

warming up the motors in arctic conditions

14 Likes

That’s a new one on me!
Electric motors perform better when cooler - the windings conduct better the colder they are.
Just fly!!! … that way, at least, you’re using the battery more and keeping THAT warm. Far more important! :wink:

Ooh i read some where hover it for a minute before taking it up ?

1 Like

I do vaguely recall someone saying that… but it wouldn’t (shouldn’t) have been to “warm the motors” … and I’m damned if I can recall what that was in relation to.
A minute’s lost flying isn’t going to change the world. :slight_smile:
Anyway … good holiday? Good flying? I’ve been watching ski resort webcams and the last couple of weeks has looked superb snow!

1 Like

Yeh the holiday was Amazing, expensive like. Go some good flying in aswell. Think would of been better if i remembered take my filters. More worried bout getting it through customs. Tbh i only got stopped on way home cuz of the batteries. He looked at them and waved me on.

3 Likes

One from the Mavic Air this evening. Have to say, on the settings I used this evening, grain appeared to be more of an issue than the MP and a touch soft…

Am flying tomorrow morning when it should be bright, will be interesting to see how she performs.

16 Likes