The Daily Photo Thread

Settings please!
I’ve tried and failed to get a clear shot of the sky like that for an awful long time now

Love it.

1 Like

Not sure 100% of the settings as I didn’t keep originals.
I can tell you that the stars were exposed separately to the town.

Im still VERY new to the interface on the drone so taking my time with it.
However you are close with the long exposure though don’t forget the 500 rule, or you’ll end up with trails of light rather than pinpoint stars.

For those not in the know of the 500 rule !!
Here’s the 500 Rule:

500 Divided By the Focal Length of Your Lens = The Longest Exposure (in Seconds) Before Stars Start to “Trail”

For example; let’s say you’re taking a shot with a 24mm lens on a full frame camera. 500 / 24 = 21 seconds, which you can round to 20 seconds.

3 Likes

Thanks Chris,

Sorry I should have been more specific!

1 Like

While trying to get a few pics for the winter tresure hunt on a visit to Center Parcs this weekend I got this one from above the tree line.

9 Likes

Golden Hour Flyer badge now on your profile! :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you very much:blush:

2 Likes

Spitbank Fort … off Southsea beach.

13 Likes

There’s no helipad !?!

But it’s one helluva pad! :wink:

4 Likes

A few of the sunsets from South Parade Pier, Southsea … and the last was taken by Southsea Castle.

9 Likes

Sunrise over the city this morning.

7 Likes

Great photo! I think if you ran that though some HDR software/filter you’d bring out tower and have one amazing photo there!

Today’s droning about…

4 Likes

Then again my stuff looks a tad over processed :wink: so what do I know???

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, It is a bracketed shot so in theory is a HDR shot with some tweaks in Lightroom, I tend not to go extreme HDR these days, even this is a bit much for some people.

1 Like

I’m afraid I’m rather “Death or Glory” in many areas of life! I like to “HDR the shit” out of my pics :wink: much to some friends disgust!!! There is much to be said for understated natural beauty!

1 Like

:rofl:

I used to be the same, look at some of the ones on my Flickr

1 Like