The Daily Photo Thread

Last for today, a couple more images of the Daniel Anderson steam boat, see The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition - #340 by kvetner for another image and a link for details. All images taken with permission.

7 Likes

The big disappointment here is that if I hadn’t run out of batteries, I’d have stuck around for another hour and captured a steam train due to cross the railway viaduct in the background! :frowning_face:

1 Like

There are some really good shots in this thread now! well done everybody

1 Like

Crystal clear night shots! :ok_hand:

These also earn the Night Flyer Badge for your profile! :+1:

3 Likes

Great pictures Brian…i will have to give the night time flying a go…

1 Like

Hi Lee
Amazing photos, what filter did you use?
Alan

@awsan5 just an nd4 polar pro

Nice bit of jungle! There are some great canyons near ubud, right? Dropping into them might get you some nice shots…?

Yeah that was a ridge walk that is in between 2 rivers. There might be a way of getting down there some how, but it looked pretty dense in places and a steep drop.

Dreamland Beach, Uluwatu, Bali.

9 Likes

Far too crowded! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

… but it does get you the Coastal Flyer Badge! :+1:

1 Like

How did the locals react to you flying? Or did you manage to get a quiet spot…?

Been here in Bali 2 weeks now and have flown my Mavic air most days. Not one person gives a toss if you fly a drone. It is the complete polar opposite to the UK, people are so relaxed out here about drones it’s uncanny. People don’t stop and look what you’re doing, don’t ask questions, it’s great as I was quite nervous about flying at the start of the holiday. Plenty of other folk out here flying. Seen MP2, MP Zoom, Air and Phantoms etc.

1 Like

View of Cala Bona, Majorca with Cala Millor in the distance. My first drone outing outside the UK and also my first flight over the sea.

7 Likes

It’s been 53 years since I was in Majorca …. it’s changed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway … this gets the Coastal Flyer Badge for your profile! :+1:

2 Likes

Cliff good picture well done…

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pano-Mania

I’m about 30mins down the road from there in Portocolom right now :slight_smile:

Haven’t managed to get out with my drone yet as relaxing and sightseeing too much.

1 Like

You need to get your priorities right :wink:. I did consider flying in near-by Porto Cristo but it was the wrong time of day and there just too many people about.