The development of Drone Scene continues!

On my phone and tablet, it’s set up as a shortcut to the website, but it has (as intended) the look and feel of an app, with no browser headers etc (as does the Grey Arrows forum, for that matter). For some reason I get notifications of new posts on my tablet but not on my phone, not sure if there’s an easy way to sort that.

Try clearing the browser cache and logging out. When you log back in, you should be given the option again.

What is the canon lens on your shelves? :joy: :joy:

@DroneGeek We do a lot of non-drone photography and have a fair few major lenses lurking in the studio. :slight_smile:

Feature request: Can we have an All Overlay on/off button? Turn off all those that were on and turn back on all those that were turned off.

I was trying to see if DJI’s geo zone would really let me overfly the corner of a nuclear power plant (it does) but the several layers of restrictions partially hid what I was looking at. Would be nice to quickly turn off all the layers to see the satellite view rather than work out which ones need unticking.

1 Like

@PingSpike

Hi Rich, hope you are well. I spotted a small issue on Drone Scene.

If you follow this link, you’ll see that there are no markers/pins.

If you look at the post created by me last year…

And follow the link, the marker/pin for Newlands Corner is shown. Here’s the link to the map if you need it

Cheers

Ned

1 Like

Or rather there wasn’t! I can see it now - maybe cached after following the link in my original post when I added the pin/marker?

Ned

1 Like

I can see it no problem Ned

2 Likes

I swear it wasn’t there 5 mins ago!

2 Likes

Did you have the “Locations” layer switched off? … and now it’s on?

2 Likes

Nope - I could see the other pin I added - no problems.

Weird - but working now.

2 Likes

Exactly. Responsive UI with Bootstrap, ‘mobile first’ design. Eliminates the need for multiple versions of the same product.

2 Likes

DroneScene having a funny 5mins? Lol

1 Like

Never! … famous last words.

1 Like

Never say never :rofl:

I didn’t say never. I typed it. :wink:

1 Like

This is true, walked into that one :man_facepalming: :grin:

:+1:t2:

I was ( during a very dull video call ) scrolling around the map and sussing out potential flights.

I saw a military building marked with the normal brown highlight just south of Farnham. This particular one in Waverly Abbey isnt an active military site, its a pill box style concrete lump which formed part of a WW2 Stop Line.
( https://fsgfort.com/fortfinder/poi/ghq-lines-waverley-abbey-type-28-and-redoubt/ ).

Does this need updating / changing ? Asking as its interesting to see it marked, but not as a flight restriction.

Moved your post over to the relevant thread.

The data that the map is based on isn’t our data - it is obtained dynamically from official sources. So any possible discrepancy isn’t within our control to be edited.

Obviously the government have reasons for that area to be marked as it is.

1 Like