The development of Drone Scene continues!

Minor note of caution: the NT layer on Drone Scene shows NT land which is “always open” to the public (typically open space with no entry fee) or “limited access” to the public (typically houses and gardens with an entry fee). This is not the limit of NT’s land ownership. As you can see from this example near where I live, they own a lot more beyond the land where they permit access:

The red bounded area is the limited public access; everything in blue was acquired by the NT at some point. Some of it has since been disposed of: my local knowledge tells me that the map is not up-to-date in that regard. The source for this additional land information is here:

But sadly I don’t think it’s available as a layer for Drone Scene, not to mention the confusion it would cause. I have taken off from within the blue land at Dunham Massey before.

The NT byelaws apply to:

all land and water including estuaries, foreshores, lakes, ponds, rivers, streams, canals and other land covered by water, and buildings for the time being held by the National Trust for the benefit of the Nation

In theory their malevolent glare may therefore extend beyond the areas shown on DS. In practice, I intend to largely ignore this.

1 Like