The development of Drone Scene continues!

“Troubleshooting PICNIC errors since 1995” :tm:

Doubt it. I reckon it’s cannabis farms …

1 Like

I have to admit to finding Drone Scene fascinating, it’s the first thing I look when planning a flight. This afternoon though is the first time I’ve seen a user submitted flight, don’t know why but I kind of expected it to be a circular area not a long wavy line as shown below. Anyone on here?

1 Like

For the free versions of flight submission, it is. For paid pro versions of access to NATS/AA one can specify “shapes”.

1 Like

So these will be the free ones then? Just spotted these two near me. Is the circle a standard size or do you specify the range? Don’t know if I’d bother though for a short 15min flight.

1 Like

Check the Flight Submission on DS … once you’ve placed the pin you get just this info to add …

No radius for the submission.

1 Like

Me too!

Top tip for finding user-submitted flight reports?

Switch the base map to Dark and turn off all other layers (including Locations), the flight reports will soon jump out at you:

We default it to 500m on your behalf :blush:

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to make sense of the different shades on Dronescene. The red is obviously NFZ, but what are the other colours?

Hi Steve,

If you click on each area or zone, a pop up will tell you what’s going on there.

1 Like

Something else I’ve not noticed on Drone Scene before…Charging Stations.

3 Likes

that’s nice of them to start putting charging stations in for us to recharge are drones

2 Likes

That’s what I thought too :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks for that. :grin::+1:

1 Like

Dronscene is such a useful tool & my go-to search site when planning as I’m sure many of you will do too.
I use the measuring tool lots & was wondering if a quick preset (or amendable) circumstance (oops edit: ‘circumference’) tool would be useful. One where you can drop a marker & instantly see a 50m radius around it so as to check clearances. I’d find that so useful in mission planning or is that just me.

7 Likes

Good idea, I think you mean circumference. At the moment I use Google Maps for this using the ‘measure distance’ option. Granted, it does cater for a radius or show the circumference, but it is all I have found so far.

1 Like
1 Like

:fearful:

Why not use Drone Scene?

:wink:

1 Like

Moved your post and replies to the better thread.

1 Like

To be fair I use Google Maps for measuring walks or cycle rides that I plan for me and the family. That said, I can see value in such a feature in Drone Scene. I cannot see how to measure distances or create a radius from a specified point in Drone Scene.

Maybe I have missed it. Looking now :wink:

Same map but in Drone Scene (as my previous post). I cannot drop a pin, see a ruler or scale.

I think what @MTLakes is suggesting is capability like @milkmanchris has just posted a link to (thanks Chris) …

1 Like

Two icons up from the bottom gives you an almost identical tool as in your earlier screenshot. :+1:

Circular/radius might be useful.

2 Likes