The disadvantages of owning a drone

Photo #40 in the “Fat Blokes with a Drone Controller” series. :rofl:

1 Like

This is sickening… you have enough spare hair for the rest of us… how about an equalizing for your fellow drone flyers… LOL

Also… not fat! where will it all end :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

They say the camera never lies. That’s Bollocks as I weigh just short of 260lbs, 18.5Stone,118kg. As for the hair and youthful(ish) looks? I have the black market distribution of experimental monkey blood infusions to thank for that.

1 Like

Concentration, apparently they go higher than this.

3 Likes

The stance, the glasses, the expression - that could be me !

It’s easier if you look at the drone :wink:

Separated at birth :sweat_smile:

To be fair I do look up quite a lot, just not at this particular moment :wink:

I’ll just leave this here…

5 Likes

we rock :metal:

3 Likes

Stop worrying if you think you look fat, bald or whatever because…

I was in Borrowdale Cumbria yesterday, standing on the road a couple of yards in front of my car while the drone was in the air. A car pulled up behind mine and a woman jumped out and came up to me. She asked if I was OK, of course I said yes, what’s wrong? Oh it’s just that when I passed you, you had your head down in front of your car and didn’t look at all well. Oh that was concentration and I have a drone in the air I said. I thanked her for her concern, it wasn’t 'till later I thought to myself, what on earth do I look like when I’m concentrating and am looking at my phone screen. OK, I’m 69 but I’m sure I don’t look like a walking corpse yet.

2 Likes

FlzbRaX8bIanutQc2YvpD2viSHMS

3 Likes

Yep, I’m sure that’s what she saw when looking at me as she drove past.

2 Likes

I raise your ‘selfie’ incident by making a similar albeit somewhat worse schoolboy-error mistake.

Decided to try a second flight over the weekend. Nothing major, just approx 2ft - 4ft off the ground, just by where our garages are (so kind of hidden away). Pressed button on my GoPro to capture the flight, went through all the ‘pre-flight’ checks before taking off. Great. Did a few rotations and tried the ‘one button take off / land’ feature. Worked a treat. Really happy with my self and the drone. Pressed the button on the GoPro again, shut the drone and walked back home to watch the footage. Turns out I had forgotten I had turned on the GoPro as I left home and walked around to the back so when I pressed the GoPro ‘on’ I was actually turning if off :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:…so basically there’s footage of me walking to the garages, and swinging the GoPro around as I walk back home again…none of the actual flight as the GoPro was off…to make matters worse, when I was filming using the drone app, it turns out I was taking still shots and not actually filming …:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming: A muppet of epic proportions!!
Lesson learned.

3 Likes

I’m more worried about something I see everyday past the front of my house…

Mothers, with a similar expression on their faces staring into a phone screen, crossing the busy road opposite head down; pushing a buggy with a 1 yrs old and having two very young kids in tow but not being kept an eye on… then texting in the middle of the road whilst dodging motorists who are not sure what this person is going to do.

I actually saw one mother (with just the buggy this time) stop in the middle of the road to put an earplug back in her ear!

No wonder then that the young kids (10 -13 yrs) coming home from school never look left and right when crossing the road by us… you often hear horns blaring but the kids just put their two fingers up at the drivers.

Makes our hobby look very safe.

2 Likes

Very scary. A mother put the front wheels of a buggy off the kerb and under a lorry in my home town a couple of years ago. Baby was killed, mother and lorry driver traumatised. Too often people pay more attention to their phones than what’s going on around them. :scream:

perhaps this thread should be mirrored as ‘The disadvantages of owning a Phone!’

or Dog…

There are obviously a lot of responsible dog owners (as there are Drone owners) but it seems there may be new laws (instigated partially by farmers) regarding dogs whose owners let loose and then terrorise/attack livestock.

1 Like

I’ve never mastered the art of walking and using a phone, it obviously takes a lot of practice and I’ve just not been able to put the time in.
As for walking, texting and dodging traffic while crossing a busy road, that’s way above my skill level.
I think people are so used to seeing people staring at phones, the don’t realise there’s a Drone 150 foot above them, they just think we’re phone zombies staring at a screen like everybody else.

1 Like