The FPV Lounge. Advice for beginners and experts - Ask a question

I haven’t got a scoobie on the motors. So if anyone wants to say (a) don’t get these, or (b) these are your best bet … then muchos ta :+1:

My new AOS 5 O3, and loads other O3 compatible frames …

Are you after pure speed? Or just normal fast speed.
Motor kv is related to your lipo voltage.
4s top end is 2750kv ish
6s top end is around 2000kv ish

2 Likes

The iflight Xing 2 motors are pretty good bang for buck motors. Are you going to run 4S or 6 S batteries?

1 Like

Or if you want record speeds 6S at 2750KV :wink: lol

:point_up:

My motor seized up. But maybe you’ll get more luck. Stunk like a dunlop on a bbq

:rofl:

1 Like

I actually really like the RCInPower motors too

@clinkadink you’ll want 6s lipo. To save messing about. Way more bottom end raw power

What’s the real-world difference? It’s my first self-build, so should take it easy I suppose. But I aint no Miss Daisy either.

Thanks. So, 4S can take higher voltage because the overall amps are lower (due to only 4 cells)?

I was going to suggest the same. If hes worried about too much power to start he can always throttle limit to 4S equivalent until hes used to flying it

I’ll want 6S lipo.

Yeah we know kinda gathered that mate :rofl:

4S will actually draw more current at equal rpm as the voltage is lower. 6S will give you less voltage sag. Plus when you want to upgrade from 4S to 6S (which you will) you have to buy all your batteries again. Wish I started out at 6S myself lol

@clinkadink how technical do you want to be?
Every motor has a thrust table.
I bought my motors because banggood said they were hand crafted by ancient ninja warriors. And I looked at the thrust charts. Here is an example… Scroll down

2 Likes

I like the glossy motors, but the table has messed with my eyes.

Everyone knows ancient ninja warriors are the worlds leading experts on brushless motors :laughing:

AFK. Need to break the news the children.

That they are taking up FPV Quad flying for a new hobby?

1 Like

Correct. They’ll love it. They just may need to Google “FPV” first.

Unmanned tech have the Xing2 2207 1850KV motors in stock