The FPV Lounge. Advice for beginners and experts - Ask a question

What do you have, Steve … in your 160 mph “Mars Expedition” class quad?

Oooo. They’re blue … match my quad frame :star_struck:

1 Like

I have iflight xing e-pro 2207 size (slightly cheaper than the xing 2) but Im running 2750KV on 6S which if Im being honest is insane and can cause issues lol plus its great for speed runs but not so good for proper flying.
What are you looking to build Chris? Something thats fun to fly but still fast or an out and out speed demon that is just for speed runs?

1 Like

After a few beers, I wanna say “I need to beat Steve, at all costs! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

But the 4% sensible me, says “Try out 1850KV, get comfortable, and give him a good hiding later”.

:rofl:

I want to use it it for fast, fun flying … with good video content too, if poss. But I’m new to this, and old enough to know i’ll no doubt trash this. So use this one as the guinea pig into proper fpv.

Aka. I dunno. Fast, fun, if I crash, buy another … repeat.

These are the Xing E-Pros I have Chris but these are the 6S version (1800KV)

1 Like

I run these on my 5" on a 6s lipo. They are cheap and also cheap to re-purchase when they smash.
But to be fair, unless you are ocd, you can pretty much run any roughly sized motor mixed and matched for dicking around

2 Likes

Are you using the 1750kV or 1950kV for 6S?

I would say go for a standard 6S setup first then start modding if and when you feel the need. I wouldnt fly the Snail as a fun daily driver. Its scary to fly and eats batteries for breakfast

I huge xing2 2306 on 3 of my quads 5" and 6". They’re perfect.

1 Like

Have you blown an ESC with these?

Curious why not the 2207 Richard?

I got 2555kv for 4s, but I’m using 6s these days with a motor output limit.

Not me on a quad. 4in1 esc are pretty robust

You asked this before. Slightly larger volume? Wider and flatter, better cooling?

I can’t remember.

We will find out when Chris gets his hands on one :laughing:

Youre right I remember asking now lol the 2207 has a slightly larger stator volume which is why I went for them. But cant remember why you went for the 2306 lol

Neither can I. But I do like the flatter motors… better cooling

For anyone.
Motor kv means 1000 revs per volt
A 2450kv motor means

4s ~ 40000 revs/pm
6s = 60000 revs/pm

That’s prop unloaded speed. Roughly

1 Like

This was one of the comparison videos I watched while researching for motors. Its a Chris Rosser video. Worth a look for you @clinkadink